Namibia’s Community Wildlife Conservation System Has Come Off The Rails, Investigation Shows

WilhelmM

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA

Don Pinnock is really grasping at straws it seems. The "investigation" came from The African Elephant Journal, a well-known animal rights organization. And of course, his readers are too retarded to actually read the link in his article.

Just to make an observation, many of the hit pieces against African countries are made by white South Africans in particular. Quite interesting, I wonder which nation do their loyalties actually lie? You'll find many of them are multinationals, with Australia, Israel and, the United Kingdom being the most common. You'll also find that many of them come from Cape Town which is often mocked for being pompous and barely in line with the rest of the country.

We like to talk about China bribing certain journalists across the globe, but we often forget the West often practices similar strategies yet they're instantly branded as "conspiracy theories".

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 9.42.27 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 9.42.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 9.42.29 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
The authors found some problems in Namibia. Including corruption. Without evidence, they blamed all of the problems on the Community Wildlife Conservation System. The cause of water taps being shut off, child support payments withheld, welfare payments not received, and the impending gemsbok extinction. All found during their visit. Nothing short of amazing. Nobel Prize stuff. Perhaps drought, population increase, changing grazing practices, the pandemic, and international economic changes could be factors you say? Nope! Game management. That's the answer. I know I was personally shocked to hear that there is corruption in the system. Instead of two Northern Europeans telling the locals how to fix this, perhaps they could get an international consultant, say, Jake Zuma to visit, root it out, and make it right. He's got time on his hands. Meanwhile, I'm anxious to get to Namibia and hunt that last oryx, before he's managed to death.....................FWB

The Oryx endangered? Really??
Everything's endangered in Africa it seems. Though the author never actually touches on why and instead gives vague answers revolving around trophy hunting. Whatever the hell that means at this point. I'm glad his stuck-up kind are mass emigrating elsewhere, they were never truly South African. It's just their place of birth and nothing more.

We have visited Namibia 5 times only but fairly extensively, always including Caprivi ( now Zambezi region) then central and South Namibia; but the country is so vast that one can never cover all places within a region! During our last visit in 2017 we still saw lots of elephants on a day long fishing trip in the kwando river departing from a campsite in the Moshi conservancy ! What we did not spot travelling all the way from the kwando area to divundu ,okavango river ,mahango and buffalo core areas was lion ! Not a single lion ! We came back to SA via Mata Mata where we stayed for a few days and in the first game drive in a matter of hours we spotted a group of lionesses with cubs ! As to the San bushmen -we visited a living museum on the way to the Nye Nye conservancy and had an absorbing 3 hrs long interaction with the group of men and women also making use of a San young man as a translator ; in particular the oupa in the group spoke to me about their prohibition of hunting animals for meat and complained a lot about it !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.