Name the cartridges game: Rimmed Edition

Thanks SIGness,

Fun quiz, I got lucky on it.

Maybe I won’t do so well next time.

As a child neighbors may have whispered:
“He’s that weird little boy who likes guns”.

Nonetheless, I had to stare at the 7x30 Waters a good while, as it somewhat resembles the 7x57R, AKA: 275 N.E. Flanged.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
I will do another next week :)

I only recognized the 30-30. LMAO!!!

Thanks SIGness,

Fun quiz, I got lucky on it.

Maybe I won’t do so well next time.

As a child neighbors may have whispered:
“He’s that weird little boy who likes guns”.

Nonetheless, I had to stare at the 7x30 Waters a good while, as it somewhat resembles the 7x57R, AKA: 275 N.E. Flanged.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

I was sure it was 7x57R

I expect the 7x57R will be a little longer and a little fatter but not much.

7x57, 7-30, 30-40
20200505_165857_copy_1106x1855.jpg

You know the old Krag nips close on the heels of the .308 pretty darn close. I have a Browning 1895 in one, dang good shooter and it has some authority. Great old round.(y)

Congratulations. Heck, I hadn't even heard of these calibers other than the 30-30 (used to have a Contender barrel in it).
I've been collecting cartridges for years. In always willing to buy any I dont have.

I will keep doing these if everybody likes guessing. I just don't want to become a nuisance.

Congratulations. Heck, I hadn't even heard of these calibers other than the 30-30 (used to have a Contender barrel in it).

Thank you Tanks,

However, I got lucky on this quiz regarding the cartridges pictured.
Because certainly there are other ones out there that, sooner or later, Viral_SIGness will post and I will not recognize them.
This will be especially so if he starts posting pics of the seemingly countless variations of the world’s no longer in production black powder cartridges, (especially the rim fire black powder cartridges).
If so, I’ll be useless.
Whatever he posts next, win, loose or draw, I however look forward to trying to name them.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Yah that was a good one! The 7-30 Waters (30-30 Rimmed) was a stumbler for sure. It is a fairly "rare duck" that may still have some following by those who like hi (and loud!) performance in single shot handguns, specifically the TC Contender.

Last edited:
Thank you Tanks,

However, I got lucky on this quiz regarding the cartridges pictured.
Because certainly there are other ones out there that, sooner or later, Viral_SIGness will post and I will not recognize them.
This will be especially so if he starts posting pics of the seemingly countless variations of the world’s no longer in production black powder cartridges, (especially the rim fire black powder cartridges).
If so, I’ll be useless.
Whatever he posts next, win, loose or draw, I however look forward to trying to name them.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
I dont have any of the old rim fires. But I have 5 cartridges picked for the next set.

Yah that was a good one! The 7-30 Waters (30-30 Rimmed) was a stumbler for sure. It is a fairly "rare duck" that may still have some following by those who like hi (and loud!) performance in single shot handguns, specifically the TC Contender.
Hornady made an FTX for the 7-30
Screenshot_20200507-005725_Shooting Times Magazine.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you