Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Here is a video explaining ten items I can't do without on a typical day on safari. I hope this helps not only in planning your next safari but also dreaming of your next great hunt!
Philip

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 8.33.01 AM.png

Thanks for the video. That area where you film with the creek seems idyllic.

Great to the point video. Thanks! Where can you get that neck/face protector? That's something I didn't know about - but I now wish I had one on some of my previous hunts! (y)

Haircut, shave, dropped a few pounds, short shorts :LOL: - You're turning into a real movie star!

Another great video Phillip! So how much toilet paper should you bring? :ROFLMAO:

You gave away my secrets...............the neck gaitor, and the soft case............:(.........but a seriously good video....with some pearls.............thanks..................FWB

Thanks for the video. That area where you film with the creek seems idyllic.
Thank you so very much. When it rains enough we have running water which is rare in west Texas. One of my favorite spots just north of my house.

Great to the point video. Thanks! Where can you get that neck/face protector? That's something I didn't know about - but I now wish I had one on some of my previous hunts! (y)
Mine is Kuiu and made of wool which is the key.

Another great video Phillip! So how much toilet paper should you bring? :ROFLMAO:
Actually I carry the little camping rolls you find at places like Academy. Some people are more worried about a blowout than I am so they take a whole roll!
Thanks!
Philip

You gave away my secrets...............the neck gaitor, and the soft case............:(.........but a seriously good video....with some pearls.............thanks..................FWB
I appreciate it from a veteran hunter! These are targeted at the first time safari hunter so compliments from some of you guys is really neat. I am trying to compile a video library that I can continue to share with new hunters who are venturing to the Dark Continent with me for their first Safari. Being able to share Africa with a newbie is a passion for me.
Thanks so much.
Philip

Philip has much more experience in foreign countries than I, but not likely as much here in the USA. I have used a neck gaiter for probably as long as he has been alive...:ROFLMAO:;)
Wool neck gaiters can be found at https://www.kuiu.com/ and https://www.firstlite.com/.I have one of each and they both work well and are holding up.
I also wear a cheap shemagh. Works for: neck warmer, wet it for A/C, wipe your nose, over your nose to filter from dusty roads, emergency TP (I don’t recommend putting it back around your neck), head cover to keep the sun off, on and on.
I also prefer a separate cartridge belt with knife and occasionally Leatherman on it. It is much quicker and easier to put on and take off before and after the hunt. Mine gives me a little back support while bouncing around in the bakkie. I like this one https://www.africansportingcreations.com/bull-hide-culling-belt.html
Thanks Philip for the insights!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 10.17.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 10.17.03 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 141
Great video, thanks! I'm currently living vicariously through YouTube. This was entertaining and informative. I'm looking into wool gaiters now. I appreciate the tips!

great tips - i typically ask ph if he will have a soft rifle case for my use. saves on bulk in packing if i don't have to carry one traveling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross