My Plain Jane has a Heart of Gold

Lovely rifle. Anything special to bed the action?
I don't see any signs of the action being bedded. I guess it could be pillar bedded but I haven't taken the gun apart to see. I just sent the original owner "frog stealer" a PM asking him for feedback on this.

Last edited:
Von Gruff, there is no clear cut way to decide which one to take. It might come down to the fact that I don't want a "jealous" rifle on my hands. The CZ already has one SCI Gold animal to its' credit and the new Winchester is a virgin. Following that thought I'd be obliged to take the Winchester. It's either that or flip a coin. I'm just happy to have the choice.
No contest Art. You will have to pop its cherry with something deserving of the honor.

Art I actually think the woood looks very nice

Stop telling him that Charlie!

Art - It is much too plain for you and seems to have issues with accuracy. Let me take it off your hands so you can pursue a fancier model. Lol.

That's a nice rifle. It sure shoots well and that's what matters when it come to the crunch. Congratulations

No apologies for a McGowan barrel,,,good reputation for quality and accurate barrels.

I don't see any signs of the action being bedded. I guess it could be pillar bedded but I haven't taken the gun apart to see. I just sent the original owner "frog stealer" a PM asking him for feedback on this.

Shootist,

Glad you are getting some great accuracy with this rifle! As for the bedding, all the new production M70 Safari Express Winchesters have some bedding done, I believe at both points where the action screws are. Other than that, I personally haven’t touched the thing as far as bedding goes!

I told you she’s a shooter! Funny, I had full intention of putting the money from this rifle towards a double, but ended up buying a new Shiloh Sharps in 45-110 with it. I guess at the moment, I’m on a black powder fetish.

Nice! I followed this one closely on Gun Broker and almost jumped into the bidding! Glad a fellow AH member bought it!
If I didn't have a couple of CZ's in .404 already we would have been bidding against each other. Congratulations!

Stop telling him that Charlie!

Art - It is much too plain for you and seems to have issues with accuracy. Let me take it off your hands so you can pursue a fancier model. Lol.

Good try Lee!

Looks like a standard Safari Express stock. Plain is sometimes best! You won't feel as bad banging around in the Bakkie with that!

I had that identical thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvieSchref

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,