My next "if I had the money" rifle purchase...

Badboymelvin

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hey guys,

Stuck at home watching the kids today so I'm bored! So I was googling what firearms I'd buy if I had the money (I don't) and here's what I've come up with...

1.) Winchester M70 in .416 Remington Magnum.
I'm a staunch .458WM guy, but I really like the .416 Remington Magnum too.
And I love M70's so if I had the coin this would be the no.1 rifle I'd buy.
I'd then get a 'smith to fit an ebony tip to the fore-end, sling swivel to the barrel, a good bedding job then that's it! Almost perfection...

2.) Ruger Alaskan .416 Ruger.
Something about this rifle does it for me.
The short barrel with the Hogue stock look just right in my eyes and it would be a handy little heavy-hitter.
I really like the the .416 Ruger cartridge too. I'm not sure how popular it is or how available ammo is, but it looks like an efficient round. Powerful too.

3.) Lee Speed .303 British
I've always loved the .303 British cartridge and I think that the Lee Speed is one of the most elegant rifles I've ever seen. The odds of getting an original are probably pretty slim nowadays, so I'd love to build up a modern version. I'd keep the elegant lines and I'd find a nice piece of timber and go the whole hog on it. And it wouldn't just be a showpiece - I'd use it for deer hunting as it's on my bucket list to bag a deer with a .303 British.

So there you go guys, thats my top 3...

What are yours?

Russ

Blaser K95 or Fanzoj KB-1.

Also, a 404 Jeffery in my future I see, young Padawan. Not sure which make but case colour finished. Maybe Heym Express President?

@Opposite Pole
I'm with you on the Blaser K95.
But I'd opt for the Krieghoff Hubertus with ejector.

The Fanzoj is amazing and a true work of art.

Fanzoj 6,5x65r
9A0A0BD5-FCD3-4424-B945-268CAE676740.jpeg

Minigun in 7.62 NATO.
e-big-grin.gif

It would actually be a shotgun, a matched pair of Holland & Holland Royal game guns.

H&H 500/465 Royal

If my wife would get over her aversion to working on Saturdays, I would be able to have one. Seems like a good deal for everyone.

That’s a lot of Saturdays!

I almost went with @WAB on this one .........

But today at least, it would be a newly commissioned Westley Richards Droplock in .375 flanged magnum, regulated at 120 meters for the 270 gr Swift A Frame. :E Day Dreaming:

Something 500 for me. Saying that you hit a sweet spot with the Lee speed

Hey guys,

Stuck at home watching the kids today so I'm bored! So I was googling what firearms I'd buy if I had the money (I don't) and here's what I've come up with...

1.) Winchester M70 in .416 Remington Magnum.
I'm a staunch .458WM guy, but I really like the .416 Remington Magnum too.
And I love M70's so if I had the coin this would be the no.1 rifle I'd buy.
I'd then get a 'smith to fit an ebony tip to the fore-end, sling swivel to the barrel, a good bedding job then that's it! Almost perfection...

2.) Ruger Alaskan .416 Ruger.
Something about this rifle does it for me.
The short barrel with the Hogue stock look just right in my eyes and it would be a handy little heavy-hitter.
I really like the the .416 Ruger cartridge too. I'm not sure how popular it is or how available ammo is, but it looks like an efficient round. Powerful too.

3.) Lee Speed .303 British
I've always loved the .303 British cartridge and I think that the Lee Speed is one of the most elegant rifles I've ever seen. The odds of getting an original are probably pretty slim nowadays, so I'd love to build up a modern version. I'd keep the elegant lines and I'd find a nice piece of timber and go the whole hog on it. And it wouldn't just be a showpiece - I'd use it for deer hunting as it's on my bucket list to bag a deer with a .303 British.

So there you go guys, thats my top 3...

What are yours?

Russ
I want a 450-400 Double Rifle

Also not trying to highjack the thread but is it just me or do all of you see almost no $10-$15k 450-400 DRs anywhere?

You guys all remind me of that old saw...."I am just one gun away from being happy".

Ok....me too!

Heym Martini Express in 404J (with the nicest wood you've ever seen).

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg