Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Lifetime NRA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Oklahoma, Kansas, Minnesota, Texas, Spain
After returning home from South Africa last May, I was talking about adding a .375 HH to the gun collection after I used Marius' (@KMG Hunting Safaris) for my giraffe. Well, I got one and I LOVE IT, however, @Shootist43 recommended I look into a .404 Jeffery. So, I began reading about them and decided I needed a Jeffery also.
Long story short, the other morning after I got off work (night shift nurse) I went and met @ActionBob and purchased one from him!!!

I, unfortunately, do not get to see Mike much because we are both always at work, but we are both home today and I finally got to see him and show him the newest member of the family. He was quite pleased and has already purchased ammo for me so, as soon as the weather cooperates, we will be taking the new rifle out to the range.

404-1.jpeg
404-2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.

Looks great!

Beauty of a rifle you have, congratulations.
Do you have plans for any modifications?

Hey Gina!
Bob is a sucker for a pretty lady, that’s the only way that you can get a gun away from him! Lol
Congratulations on the 404, hope you kill a buff of a lifetime with with it. Just don’t let Mike stake claim to it! Ha
Cheers,
Cody

Congrats on the 404J but I usually tell @Shootist43 about useful calibers and he goes out and buys one thus adding it to my inheritance, I don't spend my owe money on them.

I love the .375 H&H caliber. I carried in Tanzania and used it on all kinds of game, up to elephant and down to dik-dik. Lots of power, and not unpleasant to shoot.

Hey Gina!
Bob is a sucker for a pretty lady, that’s the only way that you can get a gun away from him! Lol
Congratulations on the 404, hope you kill a buff of a lifetime with with it. Just don’t let Mike stake claim to it! Ha
Cheers,
Cody
Yea Cody, I had a day or two seller's remorse. But went out and bought a couple others so I think I'm almost over it. :unsure:

@Just Gina I'm really looking forward to reading your next hunt report! I truly hope that rifle helps fulfill your dreams of a successful buffalo hunt:)

In the mean time take care of yourself and Mike as you take care of all those patients ;)

Congrats on the 404J but I usually tell @Shootist43 about useful calibers and he goes out and buys one thus adding it to my inheritance, I don't spend my owe money on them.

yes he does and I’m hoping he will adopt me at some point.

After returning home from South Africa last May, I was talking about adding a .375 HH to the gun collection after I used Marius' (@KMG Hunting Safaris) for my giraffe. Well, I got one and I LOVE IT, however, @Shootist43 recommended I look into a .404 Jeffery. So, I began reading about them and decided I needed a Jeffery also.
Long story short, the other morning after I got off work (night shift nurse) I went and met @ActionBob and purchased one from him!!!

I, unfortunately, do not get to see Mike much because we are both always at work, but we are both home today and I finally got to see him and show him the newest member of the family. He was quite pleased and has already purchased ammo for me so, as soon as the weather cooperates, we will be taking the new rifle out to the range.

View attachment 337498 View attachment 337499

congrats Gina. Can you tell us a little more about the new addition

Yea Cody, I had a day or two seller's remorse. But went out and bought a couple others so I think I'm almost over it. :unsure:
I had no doubt that is how you were gonna get past your empty spot in your safe buddy!

Congratulations! Next to the .375 H&H, a .404J is by far the the best overall African caliber IMO.

Awesome! I'm jealous, congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross