AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zimbabwe, USA- IL, WY, CO, NH, ME, Canada
Well, sniper rifle as in squirrel sniper rifle. I just picked up this beautiful Remington 541-T .22. It wears satin walnut furniture and has the much desired bull barrel. My pops had one of these when I was a kid with the engraved action and I thought it was the coolest gun in his collection. Many fond memories of that rifle at the range and in the backwoods of New England squirrel hunting. It even came with the same bright finish 3x9 leupold scope as my Dad’s had.
BFF512E3-B575-419F-95C5-E40A6C565BD7.jpeg

That's a beauty!

Beautiful rifle with a timeless classic look! I have that rifle's granddaddy in the form of a Remington Sport Master 512 that has been passed down in the family through three generations, and they are hella fun to shoot! :)
Remington_SportMaster512_698_1.jpg

There's squirrel hunting and then there's REAL, serious squirrel hunting. Your rifle qualifies for BOTH! Have an uncle who repeatedly says "I'd rather squirrel hunt than I had to eat" He actually shot 50 one day with a .22 (special call for that many).

Nice rifle, this must be the month of 22s. My 22 came in this month too after a 7 month wait. It was well worth the wait and the money.

Enjoy it!

It is sad to say that this riflre cost as much as my new model 70 safari. :oops:

Nice rifle, this must be the month of 22s. My 22 came in this month too after a 7 month wait. It was well worth the wait and the money.

Enjoy it!
Do you have a pic or two?

20230304_175027.jpg
20230303_182217.jpg
20230303_182115.jpg

This is a completely different type of rifle. It is built to shoot 22 competitions. It has a 23" barrel straight taper 1.2" in diameter. Weight she is a pig @ 16#s.

These are shots 5-10. First 5 was getting it on paper. It's set up to shoot out 380ish yards. I need to get a new mounting solution so that I have the ability to dial to 500 yards. Last Sunday was playing with it, went 9 for 10 on a 1/4" target @ 50 yards. That was with random ammo I had not the stuff she likes to eat.

Have more than one wood stocked, carbon steel barrel and bolt action 22 lr as well. Not just nostalgia at play either. Very useful in and of their own right.

Matt

View attachment 524812View attachment 524813View attachment 524814

This is a completely different type of rifle. It is built to shoot 22 competitions. It has a 23" barrel straight taper 1.2" in diameter. Weight she is a pig @ 16#s.

These are shots 5-10. First 5 was getting it on paper. It's set up to shoot out 380ish yards. I need to get a new mounting solution so that I have the ability to dial to 500 yards. Last Sunday was playing with it, went 9 for 10 on a 1/4" target @ 50 yards. That was with random ammo I had not the stuff she likes to eat.
That is some really nice work you're showing off there! Have more than one chassis build hereabouts, but none in 22lr. Can you line out the action and which NF you went with? Builder? I tuly think I may need one...at least one! lol

All of my rigs wear NF, of one variety or another. I've been trained to the "fancy" reticles and knobs, eyes know right where to go to and why, brain housing group interprets the "look" into a solution, etc., so forth, and so on.

Backing off the keyboard and back to the OP's intent.

Matt

PS: new here to the AH community. Your handle also caught my eye. Inline 6's also adorn my driveway and farm. Some of them, well, may not be exactly stock. Have 100k's net on the odometers. Now I'm backing off the keyboard. :)

Nice rifle!

I have a pristine 513T that I've owned since I was a boy and a 512 that was my everyday companion while running traps and poking around in the hills. I shoot the .22s for practice almost daily.

Those old Remingtons are great rifles.

That is some really nice work you're showing off there! Have more than one chassis build hereabouts, but none in 22lr. Can you line out the action and which NF you went with? Builder? I tuly think I may need one...at least one! lol

All of my rigs wear NF, of one variety or another. I've been trained to the "fancy" reticles and knobs, eyes know right where to go to and why, brain housing group interprets the "look" into a solution, etc., so forth, and so on.

Backing off the keyboard and back to the OP's intent.

Matt

PS: new here to the AH community. Your handle also caught my eye. Inline 6's also adorn my driveway and farm. Some of them, well, may not be exactly stock. Have 100k's net on the odometers. Now I'm backing off the keyboard. :)

It is a MDT Premier chassie
RimX action
Shilen ratchet barrel
Bix'n andy tacsport pro 2 stage
NF NX8 4X32X56 Mil-c F1
Kenny at Desert precision gunworks built it for me.

He did a phenomenal job.

My 2018 is about to roll 200k, she has been a good one so far. Pushing close the 1200ftlb and still on the stock trans.

Very nice! I, too, bought a .22 for squirrel hunting about a month ago. I bought the Tikka T1x because it comes as a left hand bolt. I am very happy with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg