Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone. It is with a heavy heart that I announce to you the end of a wonderful career in the greatest air force in the world. Yesterday was my last official day in the in the uniform, and I will officially be retire by 14 Dec. Throughout my career, I had the privilege and honor to serve with some of the best men and women in the world. I also lost a couple of friends and great Americans along the way. I would like express my most sincere thanks to all who served with me, and thanks to all who supported me during all these years.

By the time it's all over, I will have served a total of 34 years, 9 months & 28 days. All I can say is, where did it go? If I had to do it all over again, I would sign up without any hesitation.

I'd like thank our wonderful Nation for opening the doors to my parents, and for giving me the privilege and honor to serve in the best military in the world. God bless America!

I will continue to work, I landed a straight civilian job on base. I will continue to be involved with military one way or another, but without the uniform.

It's a bitter sweet feeling now that I will not have to wear the uniform. Go Air Force!!!!!

Thanks for your service and patriotism brother!

Are you looking for a "new" career on the .civ side? Or hanging up your boots and "retiring" completely?

The reason I ask is.. we hire A LOT of vets.. the vast majority of them are USAF vets.. we are always looking for good people..

Congrats on retirement, and thank you for those 34+ years. Thats quite a commitment to serving our great nation!

Thank you for your service. Enjoy your retirement and do some extra hunting you earned it.

Congratulations! (always thought had I not wanted to be in the military so much I might have joined the Air Force :E Lol:) Seriously, well done partner - live just as fully now that you are out!

Thank you for your service long service to our country. Enjoy your new job and the flexibility the retirement brings.

Congratulations and thank you for your service.

Thank you ever so much for the 34 plus years of service to the United States. You are why I sleep soundly at night!

Thank you gents for the kind words and wishes!

mdwest; thank you sir for the kind offer. I was lucky enough to land a straight civilian job on base. We are one of the ALC bases, so there are a lots of opportunities.

Not sure where you are.. but we've got people at both Warner-Robbins and at Tinker (both pretty substantial ALC bases).. I dont visit them often.. but the next time I am in town, assuming youre at one of those locations, the beer and burgers are on me...

Congratulations on your retirement and thank you for your service @PARA45!

Thank you for your service and congratulations on your retirement. Working as a civilian, you may have less time to go hunting rather than more. Some parts of retirement are a double edged sward.

https://www.africahunting.com/members/2512/, thanks so much for protecting me and my little family! Gee you’re young enough you can start a whole new life! Make sure this time you get plenty of hunting and fishing in!
Best!

Congratulations! (always thought had I not wanted to be in the military so much I might have joined the Air Force :E Lol:) Seriously, well done partner - live just as fully now that you are out!
Hooah!

Congratulations and thank you brother!
Cheers,
Cody

Congratulations on your retirement and new path...from one of your neighbors north of the 49th!

Congrats............................35 years.......................you almost made a career of it.............................from one military retiree to another ..........well done and thanks..........FWB

Thats a long time. Thanks for your service. Good luck with the new job.
Bruce

Congratulations on your retirement and many thanks for your years of service!

You already have a life to be proud of. Everything from here on is gravy. Thank you for your service!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg