AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BDS
Hunted
U.K. Croatia
Guys
I'm going to be looking for some help here from all you fine gents with all you experience out in SA the story will evolve as more details come into me from my friend here in the UK so please bear with me as I get the full story of what's happened to him

So here we go my friend books to go hunt with mr X and will be hunting on mrXs land but when he's picked up at Tambo airport he's taken to a different piece of land up on the Botswana border on a piece of ground supposedly teaming with animals and great trophies to hunt and shoot now these are his words not mine ( he saw more animals on the drive to the ground than he did on it ) he didn't take his own gun as was going to be using mrXs 375 but on arrival gets the choice of 270 or 3006 by the 2 PH ??? On this other ground as its all they need or use ??? So he opts for the ratty nasty 3006 ( his words again ) and things start to do down hill in a big spiral after that .
I'm waiting to find out the names of the 2xPH .?? And the land he was on before I go mutch further with this on here but please if this sounds all to famillier please stop me going on with it or move it to the right place if I've posted it in the wrong bit on here the reason for this post is so no one else falls foul of these guys once I have more details I will name them and the ground on here to see if this rings as a true story and they are well known as oooo let's say con men being nice for now or if these guys are the best thing since we picked up pointy sticks to chase animals with ( somehow I doubt the last bit though ) I just really want to see what info this great group on here can come up with to help my mate out with on these gents

Thanks

W

When you get some details let us know.
A bait and switch. Completely feasible.

Yes unfortunately there are still disreputable "outfitters" out there. I use the quotes as it's entirely possible whoever is running this con isn't even a registered outfitter. Beyond that until details can be shared it's difficult to give any advice.

I was expecting a story about a hospital visit though. (Isn't culture great)
Suture_Wound.jpg

Sad, but agree with Royal, lets wait.

You have to be so careful, there are some snakes in the grass. Lets hope your mate wasn't taken poaching...

Finding animals to shoot in South Africa should not be a problem! The country has fabulous hunting! Very game rich land.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg