My long dreamed Rigby

OK...strange as all mine and as far as I know most of them it was main at 65 yards....but :E Shrug:
Yes, indeed 65/100 makes more sense to mee too, but...that's it
To me is ok because I have the tendency to hold on a bit low on the target - something I did even with the pins on my hunting bow...

Congratulations Phil! Really lovely Rigby! Looking closely seems to be a rifle with the weight distribution "between the hands", as it should be! Not forward or rear heavy. A trademark of the best british rifles!
Is it made with a BRNO action? Looking at the picture seems a Mauser Magnum action....
By the way, I have that magazine! A special Rifle Magazine edition. Love the article I read many times!!!
Just curious, was a gift from your friend? If it was, well, a great gesture!

Best!

CF

Congratulations Phil! Really lovely Rigby! Looking closely seems to be a rifle with the weight distribution "between the hands", as it should be! Not forward or rear heavy. A trademark of the best british rifles!
Is it made with a BRNO action? Looking at the picture seems a Mauser Magnum action....
By the way, I have that magazine! A special Rifle Magazine edition. Love the article I read many times!!!

Best!

CF
Thank you Clodo, yes this friend of mine gave it to me as a present, he's a family friend, and indeed did a wonderful gesture! I'm glad you like the rifle this much, and yes, you're right : it's really a "between the hands" gun, very easy to point, to carry, to handle...despite the weight. It's a Brno Magnum action, I had a chat/email(s) with Rigby and they told me the full story behind it - something that add value to me since I love to know about my rifles and about this one even more than the others.
Me too, I read so many times that article! I'm tinking to put it in a frame since is so closely related with my rifle...
Appreciate your warm message, thank you again!

Best!

CF
...And I alo have to thank you again, because I told you "Brno" - following both the article, and the guys at Rigby that referred they used both actions at the time. But looking closely and comparing them, it's indeed a Mauser Magnum action. My fault - and congrats to your sharp eyes and experience. Very obliged.
Glad to keep in touch with you, and always glad to learn...

Thank you Phil for your information!
I will thank you, if it is possible, to have some closer pictures of the action! As a Mauser fan I am allways eager to know everething about them!
Sorry for my request!!

Best regards

CF

@Phil Giordano - thanks for a very interesting thread

I am myself the owner of a 450 Rigby, based on a Brno 602 converted by from its’ original 458 Win Mag caliber (I had it re-chambered and the bolt face opened up).

I would absolutely love if you wanted to send that full Craig Boddington article to me too??

@Phil Giordano - thanks for a very interesting thread

I am myself the owner of a 450 Rigby, based on a Brno 602 converted by from its’ original 458 Win Mag caliber (I had it re-chambered and the bolt face opened up).

I would absolutely love if you wanted to send that full Craig Boddington article to me too??
Sure I will in a very short time Osne!
It's a pleasure to share something I preserved for so long! I had 23 when I read it for the first time...
Give me just few time

Thank you Phil for your information!
I will thank you, if it is possible, to have some closer pictures of the action! As a Mauser fan I am allways eager to know everething about them!
Sorry for my request!!

Best regards

CF
No problem Clodo, it will be a pleasure to me. I will as soon as possible.
All the best

Hi Phil,

Here are the article you sent to osne and me. Thank you!

20220509-230423.jpg
20220509-230511.jpg
20220509-230530.jpg
20220509-230559.jpg
20220509-230623.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegeafricagroup

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois