AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
I sent the following letter to the Kansas City Chiefs today. If you have similar sentiments about your favorite team, or the NFL, I would encourage you to do the same.

Dear Mr. Hunt,

As a Kansan, I have been a fan of the Chiefs since your father brought the team to Kansas City in the old AFL days. Willie Lanier, Jim Lynch, Buck Buchanan and Ed Podolak were my hero's since they came and supported the Greater Wichita Junior Football League. Their autographed photos hung proudly on my wall as a youth.

I was a fan in the glory days of being a Super Bowl Champion, and I have been a fan through many good, mediocre and poor seasons since.

I did not realize that Peters had disrespected our Flag and our National Anthem this season, until this past week. The fact that you did not discipline him or fire him prior to this weekend is a great disappointment for me. What happened this weekend is a complete disgrace. Yesterday I did not watch the Chiefs game.

This is a free country. Peters and the other players have the ability to to do whatever they wish. You as an employer, also have the ability to correct or condone their actions. You have made your decision and that is your prerogative as a free man in a free country. I also have the ability to do what I wish and now have made my decision.

The win against the Eagles on September 17th, will be the last Chiefs game I ever watch. It will also be the last NFL game I will ever watch. This has nothing to do with what Trump said. It has everything to do with what you didn't do.

I want to thank your Father and your family for bringing me so many great and wonderful memories. There are however things in life that are much more important than football.

God Bless America

Wheels

Amen brother! My thoughts exactly!
I love sports and have always watched the NFL, but I will no longer watch as long as this disgraceful lack of respect for our flag and country goes on!

As a former season ticket holder for many years I'm very disappointed in the values the Chiefs have put forth. The players can "protest" at any other time, don't do it during the national anthem, it's disrespectful to our flag and the veterans who fought and died for it. I also wrote to the Chiefs and informed them I will no longer support a team that disrespects our flag and our veterans.

All I can say is I agree with the sentiments you communicated Wheels.

Fortunately, my team (Vikings), all stood, and locked arms.

Even though I don't condone the actions of the players kneeling, I feel that Trump was out of line, by calling them S.O.B's, even if they deserve it.

@Wheels you make the exact point that all the talking heads miss and that is an employer has the right to approve of or disapprove of any behavior. This whole bit about sitting down or taking a knee during the national anthem is all cow pies. It is disrespectful to America, our Flag, to our first responders and our service men and women.....and most especially those who have given their lives for our freedom.
The bozo who started this crap, Collin CapperDICK is out of a job. The NFL office says it has nothing to do with his stance but rather his play on the field. I think they are smart business men who knew very well that he is a bad apple that would cost them if he were on a team. as such they want nothing to do with him. If more people react the way you are doing the NFL will take note and require their people to stand out of simple respect. They don't have to put their hand over their heart as it may be a religious issue for some but they should stand!
Protest when not at work would be what I would tell a team member. And oh by the way you better not draw attention to this team off the field either. They tell the players they better not beat the shit out of their wives or girlfriends. Why? Because it makes the NFL look bad. So does this crap.
The hunt family may have it wrong but Jerry Jones in Dallas made his expectations clear with his team. "Stand up or get the hell off the team"

@Wheels........an employer has the right to approve of or disapprove of any behavior. .....
The hunt family may have it wrong.................... "

+1

This never would have happened if Lamar Hunt was alive or someone like Hank Stram was the coach.

Clark Hunt is trying to appease everybody and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude or strength of character to do what he knows is right!

Jerry Jones made his money the hard way in the oil patch. Clark Hunt inherited his.

Last edited:
scumbags all of em! If any player of my team disrespected the national anthem I would cease my support. Those NFL players should watch the Invictus games, very humbling seeing those injured soldiers compete. They gave their limbs for the freedom of overpaid self important "sportsmen" to moan about what ever ! Sorry if this post is a bit odd but I am so effing angry I struggle to write.
Markcz

Just know that we who feel this way will be labelled as over-reactive simple-minded sheep who are following some idyllic and made-up image of "America".

But you know what, it was an idyllic image of America and her ideals that motivated me to enlist in the Marines at 18 years of age. I honestly wanted to do something, anything I could, to help protect those ideals.

I see these turds as doing the opposite. They may say they are trying to hold America to the highest standard...but you don't build something up by tearing at it.

There are just over 10,000 minutes in a week. Why would they choose to perform their protest during the 1 minute of the week that the Anthem is being played?

Who are they appealing to?

Tim

It is such a shame a few of these guys think there helping anything by not respecting the flag and the country they live in. They are just spoiled rich guys who seem to have not been taught to respect the country they live in. I would like to hear some of them even talk about why they are doing this as many have no idea what they are even trying to make changes to.

I would like to see them kneel down in front of some of the vets that fought so they can make millions playing a game. Maybe some face to face time with some vets would teach a few of them about respect and who they should be supporting. They disrespect millions of men and women who have fought for that flag to bring up issues about a few bad apples. They want to respect some thugs over the people who deserve the respect.

It is a sad day indeed when even sports can't be fun anymore.

When I was about 20 there were three of us walking into a mc Donald's and a employee that worked there was bringing down the colors. Being good soldiers that we were we stopped and faced her as she came down the pole only to watch the guy unhook the flag off the line and ball it up like a beach towel. There was a quick conversation among the three of us and I promptly caught him just inside the door and stomped a mud hole in the middle of him right in the restaurant. I am quite certain that I would have the same reaction if I witnessed the same today. It might take me longer to clear the distance from parking lot to door but I have a feeling the outcome would be the same.
I put disgracing our colors right next to calling my mother a hussy, it ain't gonna happen on my watch jack!
These sports figures are

I just read a report that said Jerry Jones and the team kneeled during the anthem. This is the same man who said, "anyone caught kneeling during the anthem will not be wearing a Cowboys uniform the next day"?
I also have through family connections a copy of the Conduct Code for NFL Players that is a part of the player's collective bargaining agreement. It states, "All players, staff and coaches during the national anthem will stand at attention, with right hand over heart, helmet or head covering in left hand, for the duration of the anthem." I agree that we have the right to kneel, but they gave up that right when they agreed to those ridiculous salaries.
I also feel Trump was way out of line with the language used and he needs to apologize for that part.
Such a sad day for everyone, this should not even be a subject to discuss. Find a way to protest your cause without using the flag or anthem as a prop.

+1

This never would have happened if Lamar Hunt was alive or someone like Hank Stram was the coach.

Clark Hunt is trying to appease everybody and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude or strength of character to do what he knows is right!

Jerry Jones made his money the hard way in the oil patch. Clark Hunt inherited his.

Or Tom Landry.....I still haven't forgiven Jerry for the way he fired Tom. He was a class act, and would not tolerate this behavior.

Regarding the cowboys game, they didn't kneel during the anthem. He came out with the players took a knee and then all the players stood for the anthem. There was no protest during the anthem.

There is a narrative the media is trying to sell and the headline has been misleading.

Regarding the cowboys game, they didn't kneel during the anthem. He came out with the players took a knee and then all the players stood for the anthem. There was no protest during the anthem.

There is a narrative the media is trying to sell and the headline has been misleading.

Thank you for clearing that up.

I am 46 years old and have been a rabid Pittsburgh Steelers fan for 41 years. The NFL has really turned me off the last few years with their apparent zeal to become political operatives instead of just sticking to football. That being said I have been weaning myself slowly off for some time as far as watching games. After the action taken yesterday by the team with one exception, I have thrown in the Terrible Towel...possibly for good. I contemplated it for many hours and just can no longer justify attending any games or supporting the team in any fashion.
This really goes back to the political pandering that went on with the last administration and the current owners of the Steelers franchise. I guess I was able to get over that, but this last incident is the one that broke the camels back.

I am just as pissed off and disturbed as everyone else, but this was too good not to add here!

21765080_1208741755936241_1479281005659153713_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.