My Letter to the Kansas City Chiefs / NFL

I found this letter on another forum I belong to, and I think we need to pass it on.

An open letter to the NFL players

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks.. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate. Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage. You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country. Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did.. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.

You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I am done with NFL football and encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.

National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

Thanks for sharing @PARA45 !

This if it hasn't already needs to go viral on all the social media sites!

Para45......pretty much says it all. Well done. I never was very interested in football, but with the latest ...taking a knee...I can not think of any more of a dispicable action than what the NFL is tolerating in the ..taking a knee..it disgusts me to think that this is occurring in this country today.

Just know that we who feel this way will be labelled as over-reactive simple-minded sheep who are following some idyllic and made-up image of "America".

But you know what, it was an idyllic image of America and her ideals that motivated me to enlist in the Marines at 18 years of age. I honestly wanted to do something, anything I could, to help protect those ideals.

I see these turds as doing the opposite. They may say they are trying to hold America to the highest standard...but you don't build something up by tearing at it.

There are just over 10,000 minutes in a week. Why would they choose to perform their protest during the 1 minute of the week that the Anthem is being played?

Who are they appealing to?

Tim
Semper Fi, Marine

Gents,

My brain is so tiny that I never did understand and still do not have a clue why people find watching ball games so interesting.
I simply don’t get it.

However, if I did find that sort of thing interesting, the players disrespect for this wonderful country that has made them quite wealthy and famous, would stop me from any further interest in watching them play their games.

I regard their disrespect as a slap in my face personally and a slap in the face generally of all USA residents, sports fans or not.
I applaud those of you who have decided to boycott this culture of narcissistic entertainers.
You are doing the right thing.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Never gave a damn about football. Just a bunch of overpaid gorillas beating each other up playing with a little ball. Used to watch major league baseball until they went on that childish strike some years ago. I've found that most pro athletes (if you want to call them that) are a bunch of ignorant felons with an outsize ego.

I take a knee only for God and I stand proud and salute my flag.

I was a huge lifelong sports fans - playing, coaching, watching. I grew up in central KS. The Chiefs and Royals were my teams. Last summer, when the major team sports decided to hitch their wagons to BLM and other liberal agendas, I quit cold turkey. I got rid of all my apparel, and I haven't followed a thing or watched anything since, at all. It is likely I will live out the rest of my days without professional team sports. This was not a light decision for me; I was not a casual fan. However, I will not give my time or money to someone who supports an entity so strongly in opposition to my belief system. OK... rant over.

Since all this kneeling crap and blm. I got off Facebook. Don’t watch nfl or play fantasy. Stopped watching college football. Also cancelled satellite tv. Now we watch 80’s and 90’s tv shows. I haven’t touched a remote in 6 months. Now I hunt and do family things. Life is better.

Haven't watched a full GAME of anything in years .no nascar since petty quit. I do watch world superbike, British real road racing,and outlaw dirt track racing.don't much hunting shows most are infomercials.plus why watch some guy having fun on some buddies 2000acre ranch then telling me how it's done

I sent the following letter to the Kansas City Chiefs today. If you have similar sentiments about your favorite team, or the NFL, I would encourage you to do the same.

Dear Mr. Hunt,

As a Kansan, I have been a fan of the Chiefs since your father brought the team to Kansas City in the old AFL days. Willie Lanier, Jim Lynch, Buck Buchanan and Ed Podolak were my hero's since they came and supported the Greater Wichita Junior Football League. Their autographed photos hung proudly on my wall as a youth.

I was a fan in the glory days of being a Super Bowl Champion, and I have been a fan through many good, mediocre and poor seasons since.

I did not realize that Peters had disrespected our Flag and our National Anthem this season, until this past week. The fact that you did not discipline him or fire him prior to this weekend is a great disappointment for me. What happened this weekend is a complete disgrace. Yesterday I did not watch the Chiefs game.

This is a free country. Peters and the other players have the ability to to do whatever they wish. You as an employer, also have the ability to correct or condone their actions. You have made your decision and that is your prerogative as a free man in a free country. I also have the ability to do what I wish and now have made my decision.

The win against the Eagles on September 17th, will be the last Chiefs game I ever watch. It will also be the last NFL game I will ever watch. This has nothing to do with what Trump said. It has everything to do with what you didn't do.

I want to thank your Father and your family for bringing me so many great and wonderful memories. There are however things in life that are much more important than football.

God Bless America

Wheels
Very well said.but these NFL players owners could care less.havent watched for years never ever will again.

Politicizing sports, conduct of business, or almost any other human activity is sickening. Bad enough that the wasteland of television spews this stuff 7 X 24.

I do not watch TV or even have TV service any longer. I retired from the 24 hour news cycle several years ago. I AM a Giants fan, but radio does that better than TV anyway.

Tundra..............I salute you. I also gave up on professional ball when the disrespect started. And I was an ardent fan, followed the players and the teams, both pro and college. I have not watched one game since 2017, and never will. They effectively said " we hate you, and the Country that made us rich. But still follow us and worship us and pay us". I will not. I suppose today, 9-11, is a day for the NFL kneelers and the BLM and US Women's Soccer to cheer and rejoice. But it's a sad remembrance for me, and I will not forget or forgive............does not make sense to support people that hate you.................FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross