My Hunt With LIMPOPO BIG GAME SAFARIS

Chago

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hey guys, this is my hunt with LBG Safaris last October. Spielberg productions took care of the video/photo work and I feel like they did a awesome job on the overall finished product. I hope you guys enjoy the video.

very lekker video
well done on a good hunt

Thanks for sharing the video! I think these types of memories have convinced me to hire a videography when I get a chance for my first safari.
I have a question if you don’t mind, and feel free to PM me if preferred. It’s tough to tell from the video because clearly the focus is on the memories, but what were your impressions of the 212 ELDX? I’m in the midst of working up loads for my 300 win mag with that bullet and the Accubond Long Range 210 grain. On paper, the Accubond seems like it should be a slightly superior bullet for terminal performance because it is bonded, and I have heard some reports of the ELDX blowing up when impacts are closer in range. So I’m just curious on your field report for the ELDX.
Thanks!

Great memories :D Cheers:

Awesome video! Congrats on a great trip.

Thanks for sharing the video! I think these types of memories have convinced me to hire a videography when I get a chance for my first safari.
I have a question if you don’t mind, and feel free to PM me if preferred. It’s tough to tell from the video because clearly the focus is on the memories, but what were your impressions of the 212 ELDX? I’m in the midst of working up loads for my 300 win mag with that bullet and the Accubond Long Range 210 grain. On paper, the Accubond seems like it should be a slightly superior bullet for terminal performance because it is bonded, and I have heard some reports of the ELDX blowing up when impacts are closer in range. So I’m just curious on your field report for the ELDX.
Thanks!
Honestly, now that I have received the video. I would prefer this over the trophys any day of the week. My first trip to Africa I spent 2 more trips worth of money on doing shoulder mounts/ shipping etc. This time I spent a couple bucks on the video and only did Euros. I am ending up a fraction of the cost and to be honest prefer the video. I can watch this online forever. Or at least until Trudeau decides hunting on the internet spreads violence lmao.

212 ELD X are my go to. I have been using them now I wanna say 6ish years. My initial decision was due to the availability of them here in Canada. It was a great bullet to use in my match rigs and hunting rigs. The BC are miles a head of every one else. And the "killability" of them are more then enough for anything I hunt. I have taken everything from 2000lb moose to a small bushbuck. I have never lost an animal or anything along those lines in the past. And lets be honest every time you go a couple hundred yards tracking its 99.9% your fault and not the bullets. My giraffe ran maybe 100m, if that. My warthog went well over 400.... I don't know enough about the accubonds so I won't comment. I hate to share other peoples stories as I feel that is all anecdotal BS. If I didn't see it with my own eyes I don't share the story. But I can share with my ELD X. In the last 6 years.

2000lb Moose - Shot within 100m, Fell within 100m. Broadside shot in the lungs.

Rocky Mountain Elk - Fell on the spot, shot at long range. Broadside on the shoulder. Broke both shoulders.

Previous trip to Africa - Zebra, nyala, kudu, gemsbok, impala, sable. All dropped either on the spot or within 100m from various ranges.

Red Stag - Shot from 70m, ran in a tight circle for about 5 seconds and fell where it was originally shot. Shot was quartering away went in behind the shoulder breaking opposite shoulder.

Mountain Goat - Ran a million miles away. But was found 30 mins later and given a follow up dispatching it on the spot. 100% my own fault. Made a awful shot at like 70m... don't ask, long day lol.

And in the video above you saw all the animals. Both kudu and the bushbuk died on the spot or within 100m.

The giraffe as you all know is a beast of a animal with crazy thick hide. My guide advised me to take a head shot. The camera angle is a bit goofy there as he wasn't behind me. More to the side so the shot looked like it was in the nose but I was actually from the side and hit the jaw structure right near the eye. A little lower then I would have liked but it was from 240m off sticks. But the impact was enough to disorientate the animal and he didn't move very quick which let me get the second one off on the shoulder. He ran another 70m or so and fell right in that clearing you see in the video. Basically at the top of that hill where it shows me and bossie walking from is basically where he was standing when I was shooting at him. As per the inspection after the ELDX broke the jaw, trachea and actually broke open the skull cavity by the brain. Shocked it didn't drop him, likely 1/2" further to the left would have been far enough to put enough of that energy dump into the brain and dropping him. The second shot came in behind the quartering shoulder through the lungs and broke the opposite shoulder.

The eland was a beast. He took one on the shoulder, literally square on the shoulder. Later we caught up to him and he went for a run quartering away from me. You can see when I approach him in the video there are two wounds and one massive on the belly. That was the follow up, I shot him into the belly and then broke the opposite shoulder. So now the second front shoulder was busted and he just rolled over. I couldn't believe it. As when we came to him the first shoulder was completely broken and he ran like nothing. And after gutting both lungs had two pass throughs, saying the first one didn't drop him which was nuts.

The warthog was 100% my own doing. The video looks weird as the camera was a few yards to my right. But he was quartering to me and I just missed that shoulder on a sharp quartering to me. So a 1" miss can be 4" back. So it hit him in the belly and came out that back leg. Hence that dust behind him in the video. We later spotted him running and I hit him on the run which just rolled him over, was so pissed we never got it on video lol. But its ok.

Sorry for the long post. But I gave you a honest record of my usage of the 212 eld x. So you can make your own decision based on the info above.

Excellent! I agree that the video/photos are a better trophy of the trip - you can look/re-live/share wherever you are. Mounted trophies you can only see at home. Well done.

I really enjoyed what I've watched so far, congrats on your hunt! My children asked me to consider having a video done on my next hunt, viewing your video certainly may convince me to do it. Thanks for sharing your video!

Hey guys, this is my hunt with LBG Safaris last October. Spielberg productions took care of the video/photo work and I feel like they did a awesome job on the overall finished product. I hope you guys enjoy the video.

Sent you a PM, please check it

Sent you PM regarding filming your adventure. Please check it. Thanks

Great watch. I have been on several of those properties. I specifically remember the bushbuck in that riverbed. Great hunt. Can't wait for my hunt with Bossie in August. Some of my favorite animals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg