My First Man Eater With The .375 Holland & Holland Magnum

i laughed as i read your description of the rifle! who among us, has not felt a similar thriller a certain rifle, a simple (or complex) inanimate object! panther shooter, thank you for such an honest and description portrayal of a great adventure.
1dirthawker
And here I was , thinking that many other AH forum members would perceive my description as weird .It is a blessing to know that I am among like minded gentlemen who consider my thought process to be perfectly normal . I absolutely adore high quality rifles .
On a related subject , I have seen you so kindly comment on my other ( incomplete ) article on AH forums . I shall reply to you as soon as I complete that article by tonight .

Last edited:
Great story, enjoyed very much. Please write more to help keep our minds off all this global pandemic isolation.

Wonderful story and well written. I have enjoyed each and every story that you and your compatriots have written. It certainly opens the eyes of us in the states as to what you had to face back then.
Bruce

This is my very first article on Africa Hunting (AH) forums , and I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors which I may potentially be making , as English is a secondary language in our country . In order to understand a little bit more about my back ground , I refer all those who are reading my story to read this story on AH forums first . It was a story of mine , which I had allowed @Major Khan to share with everyone on these forums a few days ago .
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/in-pursuit-of-the-fabled-black-panther.55807/
It will familiarize everyone , with the context in which I was hunting man eating Hunting Leopards in the 1970s .
I am going to share a story today ,which ( as a firearms lover ) is quite close to my heart .
It is the story of how I killed my very first man eating Hunting Leopard with a .375 Holland & Holland Magnum .
I sincerely hope that my story can be at least passable in terms of quality . I shall be borrowing the writing format of my close friend , Major Khan as I really like the structure of his writing .

View attachment 338207
Man eating Hunting Leopard shot by the fearless Major with his trusty Belgian shotgun . I shall share the photograph of the man eater shot by myself , at the conclusion of this story ,in order to provide a bit of suspense .

Well.. here goes my first attempt at being an amateur author .
Panther hunter.
Welcome to the elite ranks of old time story tellers such as friends Ponton and Rahman and others.
Your stories will be read with enthusiasm and joy even from this 61 year old. Stories such as these give a TRUE insightful glimpse of days gone by, done by people who aren't afraid to tell it how it really was.
Welcome friend Hunter.
Bob Nelson

Panther hunter.
Welcome to the elite ranks of old time story tellers such as friends Ponton and Rahman and others.
Your stories will be read with enthusiasm and joy even from this 61 year old. Stories such as these give a TRUE insightful glimpse of days gone by, done by people who aren't afraid to tell it how it really was.
Welcome friend Hunter.
Bob Nelson
Bob Nelson 35 Whelen
Thank you for receiving my story so warmly. I am honored that you have enjoyed it so much . I am pleased immensely to have found a new friend in you .

Bob Nelson 35 Whelen
Thank you for receiving my story so warmly. I am honored that you have enjoyed it so much . I am pleased immensely to have found a new friend in you .
Friend Panther Shooter
Your story was enthralling I enjoyed it imensly. I'm sure you have many more to regale us with.
I enjoy the insights yourself and others give. We are glad you have chosen to share with us. If people like yourself, friends Ponton and Rahman along with others didn't tell their stories they would be list forever and we wouldn't have such insightful stories. Thank you for sharing your life with us humble readers.
Your friend
Bob Nelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg