My first big bore!

Rubi_300

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
Pheasants Forever, Freemasons, Safari Club International, O.G.C.A.
It’s been a little since I’ve been on the the Africa bug is still eating away at me. Today I got my first big bore!

t’s a Winchester model 70 safari express in 416 REM MAG. It’s not the Rigby BG I drool over but I’m falling in love with this quickly though.

I picked it up at my LGS today. They give me calls when stuff comes in I’m looking for and this came in about 3 weeks ago on consignment and I got the call but wasn’t able to stop by until today. The seller was asking $1,300 but after a quick call to him he took $1,100 and I was walking out with it. It’s never been fired just has a few dings in the wood from sitting in the safe.

I’m not sure if I’ll keep it or not yet. For the price I couldn’t pass it up either way. One just sold on gunbroker for $2,500 which is temping me to sell this and go for something a little flashier. The rifle just handles so well and is nicely balanced. If anyone knows me they know I love my model 70’s.

I wanted to share the excitement with others who can appreciate a nice rifle like this. I’ll keep you guys posted on what I do with it!

194CDBD9-73A4-44AD-A368-8A292626BC7A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking. The nostalgia may not be there with Rem Mags but the performance is. That was a good deal on one in that condition. Enjoy it.

You got a good deal, and in the event that you want to sell it are unlikely to loose any money. In the meantime, enjoy what you have. Congratulations on the new acquisition.

That’s a fine looking rifle
Thank you, they seem to be hit or miss on the wood for the safari expresses but this one defiantly isn’t bad looking.

That was a good deal. Enjoy it and sell it later. You won't lose money either way.

It’s been a little since I’ve been on the the Africa bug is still eating away at me. Today I got my first big bore!

t’s a Winchester model 70 safari express in 416 REM MAG. It’s not the Rigby BG I drool over but I’m falling in love with this quickly though.

I picked it up at my LGS today. They give me calls when stuff comes in I’m looking for and this came in about 3 weeks ago on consignment and I got the call but wasn’t able to stop by until today. The seller was asking $1,300 but after a quick call to him he took $1,100 and I was walking out with it. It’s never been fired just has a few dings in the wood from sitting in the safe.

I’m not sure if I’ll keep it or not yet. For the price I couldn’t pass it up either way. One just sold on gunbroker for $2,500 which is temping me to sell this and go for something a little flashier. The rifle just handles so well and is nicely balanced. If anyone knows me they know I love my model 70’s.

I wanted to share the excitement with others who can appreciate a nice rifle like this. I’ll keep you guys posted on what I do with it!

View attachment 522151
Can't go wrong with this one. Best thing to do is get good with it and book a Buffalo hunt!

You got a great deal on that Model 70. Hunt with it and keep it in your collection. Save up and get a Rigby later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!