My dream rifle is a

Tanks,
Your cat pic reminded me of a real story.
When I was home from college one summer, I met an attractive single gal and made a date to take her to the movies. When I went to pick her up at her apartment, I rang the bell and she said come on in, I am almost ready. In I went through what must have been the back door to her kitchen and as I walked past the refrigerator, her cat leaped from the refrigerator and landed on my head! Not knowing what the H was going on, I bent forward a bit and with my right hand swept the cat off my head and across the little kitchen and bounced it off a wall in the living room.
Naturally the cat squalled and ran to its owner (can not remember the girls name anymore).
Girl said. "odd , he has never done that before".
Right then I decided He would never have another chance to dig his claws into me and though she was an OK date, that was our first, and last date.
Cats can get Awful jealous lol, and they will hold a Grudge.

Some of y'all don't know how to dream big enough...

If I had stupid money, I'd have someone make me a stainless SxS in .375 H&H belted magnum. Engraved grizzly on one side, Cape buffalo on the other. I'd probably have them cut some knurled French Walnut 25-lines per inch checkering for a stock but I’d have them make a black composite to the exact same dimensions. While they were making and regulating it, I’d book my Alaska and Africa trips…

Something like this would be cool, don't know if it's over priced but looks in wonderful shape.
This is the only place in the USA I know of to check for these rifles for sale.

Maybe, in my spare time (haha) I should take the 30 minute drive to Simpson Ltd. I haven’t been in there in years.

I’ve said for years that if I ever hit one of those ridiculous 9-figure lotteries, I’m headed to London to order a custom Holland & Holland Royal Deluxe double rifle, and a full set of SxS shotguns in 12, 16, 20, 28, and 410. And probably dragging my closest buddies along for the same.

In a more realistic world, I really want a rifle in 404 Jeffery on a Mauser action.

In all cases, everything would be custom stocked for me. I’m tired of guns that I can only get half the butt on my shoulder because I’m not remotely close to “normal” or “average.”

I’ve said for years that if I ever hit one of those ridiculous 9-figure lotteries, I’m headed to London to order a custom Holland & Holland Royal Deluxe double rifle, and a full set of SxS shotguns in 12, 16, 20, 28, and 410. And probably dragging my closest buddies along for the same.

In a more realistic world, I really want a rifle in 404 Jeffery on a Mauser action.

In all cases, everything would be custom stocked for me. I’m tired of guns that I can only get half the butt on my shoulder because I’m not remotely close to “normal” or “average.”
I've had the very same thoughts. Just getting fitted to a gun would be a cool experience.

"Holland & Holland Royal Deluxe double rifle."
The same for me. I got to fondle a vintage RHD in .240 flanged magnum quite a bit back in the late 80's. That thing was exquisite. I never got to shoot it, but just getting to handle and closely examine it was a true pleasure. It was made for a maharajah in either 1907 or 1911.

Screenshot_20210702-080436.png

My 470. Just love it.

For over 40 years I'd dreamed of a fancy .300 Weatherby. Twelve years ago I finally bought a .300 Wby Vangard that I restocked in AA Fancy Claro walnut. I pillar and glass bedded the action and barrel channel, then floated the barrel. I put a Limbsaver pad on it and a mechanical recoil reducer in the stock. After finishing the stock I hand checkered it with my favorite multi-panel, wrap around checkering pattern.

I put a Timney trigger on it and had a KDF muzzle brake installed on it.

It now wears a Leupold VX 3i 4.5-14x40 CDS scope with side focus and a custom turret for my 180 grain Barnes TTSX handloads, mounted with Talley 1 piece lightweight rings/bases.
nIydQfUl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Dream Rifle is... resident in my gun room. Mostly Model 70s or Mausers, but I do have a M77 Mrk. II, a Remington 700 22-250, and my old Mathieu 7mm RM.

I have been thinking about an "English Sporting Rifle" - - .451 caliber, LH persussion lock, 28" barrel with Metford rifling.

My Dream Rifle is... resident in my gun room. Mostly Model 70s or Mausers, but I do have a M77 Mrk. II, a Remington 700 22-250, and my old Mathieu 7mm RM.

I have been thinking about an "English Sporting Rifle" - - .451 caliber, LH persussion lock, 28" barrel with Metford rifling.
didn't petersoli make some English sporting guns.

A custom made .505 Gibbs built on a Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser action by Reto Buehller.

Just save your duckets...clear out the safe of any dusty ol queens you have not caressed in a year or so and then dig into the gear closet and get put up all the extras for sale and then start looking for a Sabatti! Just make sure you get one that hasnt had the dremel tool treatment and that has a great test certified test target with it! These can still be had for $3000-$5000 in very nice condition in some great wammpum calibers!

Start putting your gear together and get it listed and you will be on your way to a solid double thats worth owning! DONT GO THE SHOTGUN OR BROKEN DOWN OL GUN ROUTE! Save yourself a bunch of headaches...buy someting worth owning out of the gate! Good luck with it!

My dream rifle? I'd love a double, I've taken a lot of phesants behind a good Lab. with a nice SKB 12 bore double. My shoulders not being what they used to be, I'd like a nice double in a managable caliber. The caliber might be .375 H&H Flanged or .275 Rigby flanged.
Another dream rifle would be a nice Weatherby MK5 .22-250 remember the shoulders not being what they used to be, that & the fact that I have a lot more big game hunting behind me than in front of me! A .22-250 sounds nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.