My Book Is Out

billrquimby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
Safari Club International, Lander One Shot Antelope Hunt Past Shooters Club
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, Argentina, Spain, Mongolia, New Zealand, Australia
Please pardon the crass commercial, but some of you have wanted to know when my book, "Sixty Years A Hunter" will be introduced. It's available now from Safari Press.

For a direct link click here.

It's a hardcover with dust jacket, with the foreword by Craig Boddington. About a third of the chapters cover my quest to take Arizona's ten big game animals along with hunting elsewhere in North America.

Another third covers hunting in five African countries and my observations about South Africa during apartheid. There also are chapters on hunts in Asia, Europe, the South Pacific and South America, as well as insights into Safari Club International and its founder based on the 16 years I produced its publications.

I'll also be signing these books at the Safari Press booth in Reno during SCI's January convention there. Please stop and say hello.

Bill Quimby

sixty-years-a-hunter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Bwana...

I really believe the that the best legacy we leave is a life well lived. To have lived one which is of genuine interest to others is no small thing. Well done. I look forward to the read.

Bill, I wish you much success on the launch of your new book but I suspect that you don't need it. Let me know what times you will be at the booth, I'll stop by I would certainly like to meet you!

Jerome,

Safari Press hasn't told me what hours/day I'll be in the booth yet. When I know, I'll post it here. There should be a sign at the Safari Press booth, too. Please do stop by and say hello if you see an overweight tall old man with grey hair and a white mustache in the booth.

I've edited and/or written many, many books for SCI and various hunters over the past twenty-five years, but I've never been as excited about the introduction of any of them as I am with my own book.

Bill Quimby

Incidentally, thanks for adding a photo of the book's cover to my post.

Bill,this is fantastic news! Congratulations. I just ordered my copy. It should arrive in 5 to 7 days. Looking forward to a great read. Sincerely, Ty

Bill, your book arrived in time to accompany me on my archery deer hunt here in Arizona. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it around the campfire in the Sierra Ancha Wilderness. We have shared some of the same haunts here in the Sonora Desert and I hope in time, some of the same places in Africa. Your writing and the included photographs and drawings are superb. I can't put it down. Wish I could meet you at the booth in Reno but will be skipping the convention this year as I am saving up to add to my wish list for my upcoming first hunt in Africa. Thanks Bill for the "Must Read". Ty:)

Thanks so much for the kind words about my book.

C.J. McElroy, the founder of SCI, used to say he envied no one other than the hunter going on his first safari. I, too, envy the way you are anticipating your first trip to Africa.

If you are like I was, you will discover that one trip won't be enough.

Did you get your deer?

Bill Quimby

Hello Bill, I had a close encounter of the Coues kind but, could not seal the deal. Luckily, there are 10 days left on this years tag and I have a few more days off to try again. Then, there's always next year. The Coues Whitetail will always be my arch nemesis. Ty Beaham

Good luck on finding that buck, and congratulations again on winning the essay contest.

Bill Quimby

Please pardon the crass commercial, but some of you have wanted to know when my book, "Sixty Years A Hunter" will be introduced. It's available now from Safari Press.

For a direct link click here.

It's a hardcover with dust jacket, with the foreword by Craig Boddington. About a third of the chapters cover my quest to take Arizona's ten big game animals along with hunting elsewhere in North America.

Another third covers hunting in five African countries and my observations about South Africa during apartheid. There also are chapters on hunts in Asia, Europe, the South Pacific and South America, as well as insights into Safari Club International and its founder based on the 16 years I produced its publications.

I'll also be signing these books at the Safari Press booth in Reno during SCI's January convention there. Please stop and say hello.

Bill Quimby

View attachment 1263
link doesn't work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross