My Beautiful Country Namibia!

Wonderful pictures and descriptions. I’ve been to Namibia and look forward to going back sometime.

Just returned from my first visit to your beautiful country. It is a very special place. The little corner we hunted in was some of the prettiest country I've ever seen.

Thank you for the wonderful photos. My wife and I have visited some of the places in your photos. Brian

Thanks for sharing. I will have to add a few places to my finished with hunting list.

Namibia’s Desert Camps

Namibia‘s desert landscapes present travelers with a symphony of paradox: wide-open spaces and intimate encounters; rugged natural beauty and luxurious accommodations.

Here are three base camps that will set the scene for travel transcendence:​

> Camp Kipwe (Damaraland):

Ingeniously built among the giant boulders of a granite kopje, this cluster of igloo-shaped bungalows is close to the petroglyphs carved thousands of years ago by the Khoikhoi people at Twyfelfontein, Namibia’s first World Heritage site. Explore these ancient rock engravings on guided walks. In the mornings, look for elephants as they roam dry riverbeds in search of water.

Screenshot_15.jpg

The longest-lived leaves in the plant kingdom can be found only in the harsh, hyperarid desert that crosses the boundary between southern Angola and northern Namibia.

A desert is not, of course, the most hospitable place for living things to grow, let alone leafy greens, but the Namib Desert — the world’s oldest, with parts receiving less than 2 inches of precipitation a year — is where Welwitschia calls home.

In Afrikaans, the plant is named “tweeblaarkanniedood,” which means “two leaves that cannot die”. The naming is apt: Welwitschia grows only two leaves — and continuously — in a lifetime that can last millenniums.

“Most plants develop a leaf, and that’s it,” says Andrew Leitch, a plant geneticist at the Queen Mary University of London. “This plant can live thousands of years, and it never stops growing. When it does stop growing, it’s dead.”

Screenshot_17.jpg

Tips For Taking Your Kids On Safari​

African safaris are the things of bucket-list dreams. Who in their right mind would pass up the opportunity to watch animals in their natural habitat, roaming free as they were meant to? Who wouldn’t get excited about this chance of a lifetime?

My kids.

Of course, they liked the idea of a safari. I’d told them about how we would bump along the great plains of Kenya and Namibia in a high-seated jeep, spying lions, elephants, and zebras through our binoculars and, perhaps — even thrillingly — up close.

Screenshot_33.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross