My Amazing Double Date!

Congratz on your new double!!! George and JJ are true gentlemen that are very helpful and easy to work with. I bought a Kgun in 500/416 with a set of 20ga barrels last year from george. You have a nice double that is good for anything that walks.
Thank you, Dave! I am looking forward to taking her hunting for sure! Very cool, your Kgunl! How is it working for you? How does the 20ga shoot?

@Just Gina
When I looked at the title of your article I thought this might be interesting, a saucy double date with Gina could be very interesting to say the least. Luckily it wasn't I don't think my old heart could take the shock. Ha ha ha ha ha.
The double date you ended up with is still absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure it will give you more happiness and less trouble than the other type.
I'm looking forward to reading about your developing relationship with it and the journeys and joys you have together.
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen Oh goodness!! :E Laugh: First of all, I am glad your heart is still in tact!! haha! Yes, less trouble than the other type of double date, that is for sure! I cannot wait to take her hunting and writing reports of our adventures!!
Thank you for the great reply!! :)
Gina

Nice !!!!

Cant wait to hear about you shooting it. And to see it in person!
Thank you Royal! :)
Yes, you have to see it in person!! The pics just do not do it justice!

Gina, I haven't a clue as to why I missed this post. That is truly one gorgeous rifle. One might say you have impeccable taste in rifles. I mean after all a good 404 Jeffrey and now this!! You mentioned you have a hunt planned, when are you going, what is on the menu? Are you going with anyone?

Gina, I haven't a clue as to why I missed this post. That is truly one gorgeous rifle. One might say you have impeccable taste in rifles. I mean after all a good 404 Jeffrey and now this!! You mentioned you have a hunt planned, when are you going, what is on the menu? Are you going with anyone?
Hi Art! It is easy sometimes to miss stuff here. It is a big place :) Thank you very much for the kind words! So, the first hunt is this fall and I am going to Tanzania with a few forum members from here. Then, whitetail in November, Mule deer in December, and next year I am going to Spain to hunt Ibex. THEN...I will need a vacation! :E Laugh:

That wood is too beautiful for me. I might end up admiring it instead of shooting the Buffalo I was there for.
A great find for you. :)
Thank you! :) I will be the person all extra careful so she doesn't get a mark on her. :oops:

@Just Gina Bravo!!! Your world will now be all the more richer for having a double in it. The are such fun to use and the cool factor at the range is something else. The wood is bloody nice if I say so. I feel its made all the more special as its something you have waited for and hunted out. Congrats once again XXX

PS cant wait to see you guys at the DSC you can tell me all about her then. Also what process do you use for naming a rifle??
Thank you! :) I was so excited to finally get one! I am looking forward to DSC! I really hope it makes this time because I am looking forward to chatting and catching up with everyone!!
So the process for naming any gun for me, and it may sound silly, but, it is something I like so...I typically have names in mind, and it is usually something of some significance. Once I start shooting and handling it, then it is just easy to decide what she/he should be named. ;)

I bought the exact same gun from George, took it to Africa and took 4 PG and a Cape Buffalo with it this past July. Absolutely love the gun as will you. It is my one gun Africa hunting rifle. I installed a Trijicon 2.5 red dot sight but could have taken alll 5 animals with IRI on sights which are excellent.
Hi! :) Thanks for sharing about your gun! I am glad you love it and were successful in your hunt! I am so excited to take her to Africa!

Congratulations and welcome to the Chapuis Double Rifle Fan Club! I've been cheerleading for Chapuis ever since I bought my 375 H&H double 4 years ago. It's been on 3 safaris in Africa and it's so much fun to hunt with. Though I didn't buy mine from George, I have been to Champlin in Enid, Oklahoma (to buy a shotgun). He and JJ are the most knowledgeable guys around and if they recommend Chapuis, which they do, it was good enough for me.
You are going to love your rifle and I agree with Rare Breed in his post above about the Trijicon RMR on the double. I put one on mine and it makes shooting the rifle effortless and accurate.

Congratulations and welcome to the Chapuis Double Rifle Fan Club! I've been cheerleading for Chapuis ever since I bought my 375 H&H double 4 years ago. It's been on 3 safaris in Africa and it's so much fun to hunt with. Though I didn't buy mine from George, I have been to Champlin in Enid, Oklahoma (to buy a shotgun). He and JJ are the most knowledgeable guys around and if they recommend Chapuis, which they do, it was good enough for me.
You are going to love your rifle and I agree with Rare Breed in his post above about the Trijicon RMR on the double. I put one on mine and it makes shooting the rifle effortless and accurate.
Thank you! :) I love hearing about everyone who has one that loves theirs also! I am itching to get her to Africa!! Thanks for sharing your input as well! They are just beautiful rifles!! I'm glad you love yours also! George and JJ are indeed great and know their stuff! Time tends to just fly by visiting with them! I love it!

Thank you! :) I will be the person all extra careful so she doesn't get a mark on her. :oops:
@Just Gina
You have to get some marks on her despite her beauty.
Those marks on a rifle like the ageing of people tell a story and bring back memories of both good and bad time you spent together. Marks that everytime you look at her memories will come flooding back of her life together with you. That's why I will never repair a scratch even on my custom rifles.
Bob

Thank you! :) I was so excited to finally get one! I am looking forward to DSC! I really hope it makes this time because I am looking forward to chatting and catching up with everyone!!
So the process for naming any gun for me, and it may sound silly, but, it is something I like so...I typically have names in mind, and it is usually something of some significance. Once I start shooting and handling it, then it is just easy to decide what she/he should be named. ;)
@Just Gina
I don't admit it but I sometimes give my rifles a pet name. The 25 I designed and had built is called the wild child. It's a combination of three designs plus my own modification. It is fast, flat and hits hard a long way off.
Bob

What a fine rifle! It must give you so much confidence to have been given such personalized service face to face! I have sent a couple of doubles to JJ for re-regulation and some minor modifications. Even with all the hassles and expense of export/import, I was very pleased. He did first rate work on my own .450-400. It performed exactly as expected when I used it to shoot a buffalo in the Caprivi. And a similar happy story with a 9.3x74R Beretta that I have used for local bear hunting. Enjoy your gorgeous new double, and please share the stories of the adventures you are sure to have together!

@Just Gina
You have to get some marks on her despite her beauty.
Those marks on a rifle like the ageing of people tell a story and bring back memories of both good and bad time you spent together. Marks that everytime you look at her memories will come flooding back of her life together with you. That's why I will never repair a scratch even on my custom rifles.
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen I know you are absolutely right about this and I do agree with you. One of the really neat things, I think, about having a new one...all the stories will be mine :)

@Just Gina
I don't admit it but I sometimes give my rifles a pet name. The 25 I designed and had built is called the wild child. It's a combination of three designs plus my own modification. It is fast, flat and hits hard a long way off.
Bob
I love it! :)

What a fine rifle! It must give you so much confidence to have been given such personalized service face to face! I have sent a couple of doubles to JJ for re-regulation and some minor modifications. Even with all the hassles and expense of export/import, I was very pleased. He did first rate work on my own .450-400. It performed exactly as expected when I used it to shoot a buffalo in the Caprivi. And a similar happy story with a 9.3x74R Beretta that I have used for local bear hunting. Enjoy your gorgeous new double, and please share the stories of the adventures you are sure to have together!
Thank you! :)
You know, it was really great, the service, help, and knowledge from JJ and George. One of the many things about those 2 gentlemen and also the ones like yourself here and others that I love is that no one talks down to me because I am a woman. Some men are just jerks about women and guns and hunting.
I absolutely will share my stories and look quite forward to it! :)

Beautiful rifle. Congratulations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg