My AHR DGR in 375 H&H

Beautiful rifle and the wood is amazing.
IMO - Also one of the best choices for a scope.
Perfect for this caliber.

Let us know how it shoots.

It will take a little bit to be a trusted as my old CZ550 375. That action is so bloody smooth. The new AHR is smoother to operate than my Lott or Rigby . My old 375 has quite a.bit of blue wear and the wood is definitely "honestly worn in" . Both are beautiful in their own ways. A few pics with my old 375 and the new Lott. As practical as the synthetic stocks are, the wood ones just look and feel better.
PXL_20201126_175712240.jpg
PXL_20201126_175724199.jpg
PXL_20201126_175734503.jpg
PXL_20201125_171716428.jpg

Congratulations @machinistbutler .
I do have one question , however . CZ Model 550 actions have the magazine base plate release catch located outside the trigger guard . Did you specifically choose to have your custom .375 Holland & Holland Magnum built with the release catch inside the trigger bow ?

Congratulations @machinistbutler .
I do have one question , however . CZ Model 550 actions have the magazine base plate release catch located outside the trigger guard . Did you specifically choose to have your custom .375 Holland & Holland Magnum built with the release catch inside the trigger bow ?
I wish I could take credit for ordering this rifle . I was fortunate to see it listed online at my favourite gun shop . The rifle was ordered in 2014, I have the copy of the original order with the two stocks, two sets of rings and the Leupold vx6 1-6 scope. The rifle was only ever fired at the range apparently, and less than 50 rounds if I remember. I couldn't resist as I had not had a rifle so beautiful and I have never heard a bad word about AHR .

I will have to take it hunting. Spring bear for sure and them hopefully to Africa . Nice thing with the 375 H&H is it is suited for hunting anything. I can take deer at any range I am comfortable shooting at. There may be better rifles for many situations but the 375 does them all well.

The bottom metal is what AHR does to some of their rifles, I am not sure why it is different that the CZ set up. There must be a reason. I haven't ever had trouble with the original set up on my other 550's . It is very well machined.

Craig

Beautiful rifle. My son's birthday present was a 550 in 375 H&H a few weeks ago. He don't know his getting a 458 Lott for Christmas. Soon as AHR opens up for new work it's gona get expensive cause I have one too. I showed him the pics of your rifle, he is impressed. John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois