My 2016 South Africa Hunt Countdown Begins

52'ish for me..... Gator hunt in September, hopefully with my boy. That's a stretch with his autism, but fingers crossed.

I hope it works out for you BTW!

Brad, you hunting in TX for gator?

Actually, hunting Calcaseiu in LA for gators.....just east of the TX line a hour or so.

Cool, hope it works out

Time will tell as we get closer..... For now, he is like "ok". As we get closer, I may be recruiting one of y'all to join me. That's the life of autism. We just roll with it.

Alright Waterguy,

I forgot I promised to live up to more exact standards for the next post, haha. Right now I sit at 49 days. 8 hours, 20 minutes

Reedy. That is too bad. I hear that Nyala and Kudu start to hibernate in 48 days for a few weeks. :)

Lee,

I suppose they will wake up the day before you and Bill get there?

You are correct! You have to do your homework to understand the behavior of African game. Very unique. I believe Cape Buffalo also drop their horns a few days before you get there as well. But they grow back quickly (about 2 weeks) :) :)

40 Days!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, hope you can get some sleep before you go, I'm already tossing and turning!

4 Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 28 days and 90 minutes from now it will be wheels up from Charlotte to Atlanta, then to Joburg!! And Pieter sent me some scouting pics of buffalo today!!! Probably not going to sleep tonight

Rock on. The one month time frame will go fast !

Yeah Lee I hope so! 26 days now :E Happy:

Yeah Lee I hope so! 26 days now :E Happy:

I had to go count my days. Looks like 49 for me. Though, I started packing a number of days ago. You can never be over-prepared. Especially when it comes to your wardrobe. :)

@Christina Nyczepir ,

I started packing last week to make sure I had what I needed an that it will fit! Now just a checklist to go over and make sure all the little things are packed also! Sleep starting to become a problem!!!!!

@Christina Nyczepir ,

I started packing last week to make sure I had what I needed an that it will fit! Now just a checklist to go over and make sure all the little things are packed also! Sleep starting to become a problem!!!!!

I have come to learn, that it takes me at least five times to pack, unpack, and repack. For some reason, the kitchen sink never seems to fit in. The curse of being born a Marine's daughter. Always prepared. LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross