my 1903 Rigby .275

What more could any mortal want for hunting purposes? I could hunt the rest of my life with such a stunning rifle. A gem with pedigree!

@flyfishdoc Beautiful rifle. Everything that you could want in a Rigby .275 from that era. Thank you for sharing. Once you have had it in your hands for a month or so … will you hear the missus calling the first time around, instead of the tenth (10th)? :giggle: :D Cheers: :A Stirring: :A Banana:

I'd like to just take a moment to appreciate the fact that you have something that is still very much useable 120 years after it was created. How many of us can say that we have built something that will still be in use 120 years from now? I struggle to think of anything I've done that will last that long (aside from family, of course). :)

Good rifle , found this about Loder, not much but it is some info there.

Great rifle.

Have you found any information on Major Loder? If still on active duty or eligible for recall, he likely would have been at least a Colonel in 1914. Assuming he was a British officer, there is likely information out there that would add even more meaning to such wonderful thing.

Ask and you shall receive!

Mentionend in Dispaches x3 is quite noteworthy, it is as i know level under medals,and thos dispatches were read by many from troopers up to Royals an all in between and noted .

very nice and uses the same scope mount system as the 400/350 of that era
cb090135-4f42-4e29-9cef-07d65caa6579_1_201_a-jpeg.518911

Attachments

• CB090135-4F42-4E29-9CEF-07D65CAA6579_1_201_a.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for digging up that information!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross