Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
several sporting clubs
Hunted
several
I will not get over this year, but I want to come over next year. as I have been there five times I have all the conections for staying and hunting. but would like to know what paper work I will need to bring my muzzle loader with lead balls-mini-balls in to Africa. and if fff black powder and # 11 caps will be available to me. I will not need very much powder and very few caps, hopefully I will not need more than 20 shots (90-grs per shot), I will have a modern rifle available to me as a back up.(local rifle). this rifle will hold 2-3 " groups at 100 yards from a rest, thanks for any info. Leslie.

DSCN9987 (3).JPG
DSCN9988 (3).JPG
DSCN9989 (3).JPG
DSCN9990 (3).JPG
DSCN9991 (2).JPG

Good day to you Leslie, we will provide the black powder and all the caps...you will need a temporary import permit that I will send you to complete. I will send you a letter of invitation to attend the hunt. There will be a PH and an outfitter so you are covered by South African hunting laws and requirements.

nH89r8k.jpg

Y4eP0vI.jpg
z6A1rSt.jpg

No , back up rifle..I will hunt with you on foot..we stalk the game up to thirty meters before taking a shot..bring a pair of moccasins with (with Kevlar sheeting for the thorns or we will make you a pair of "Velskoene " like we all wear and make on this hunt.
0gnswej.jpg

MRLgw1U.jpg

.you need to bring re-enactment Mountain Men clothes or Indian robes with , depending what you want to be during the 1883 era...
No, modern rifle or any modern items are allowed...you can stock up at any Spar/Checkers shop. You need to hire a vehicle to travel to the farm we are doing the hunt on..I will supply you with all needed information as we nearing the 2019 Black powder hunt next year.

Will you please bring along my 1871/84 Black Powder rifle I got as a gift from one of the members on this forum?
x5F72w0.jpg

ZM3FWQ7.jpg

I will send you all the relevant Permanent Importing documentation form South Africa and the owner of the rifle will give you all the relevant Permanent Exportation documentation from the USA?
(y)(y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• nH89r8k.jpg
    nH89r8k.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 199
  • Y4eP0vI.jpg
    Y4eP0vI.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 220
  • z6A1rSt.jpg
    z6A1rSt.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 231
  • 0gnswej.jpg
    0gnswej.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 187
  • MRLgw1U.jpg
    MRLgw1U.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 235
  • x5F72w0.jpg
    x5F72w0.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 219
  • ZM3FWQ7.jpg
    ZM3FWQ7.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luchkabody

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!