Musgrave 7x57

Twenty_Paces

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 7x57 and recently came across a 'new-build' Musgrave at my local dealer. At face value, I was very impressed by what I saw and really love the fact that the brand has been reinvigorated.

However, aside from Musgrave Rifles website, a few YouTube videos and one or two short articles, there isn't a huge amount of info out there on these rifles.

So, before I take the plunge, I'm hoping some of you may own, or have at least worked with this new generation of Musgrave...? Is the build quality as good as it looks and how do they perform? Specifically, has anyone used one chambered in 7x57...?

Thanks in advance!

I am not familiar with the Musgrave, but it appears to be a resurrected name (like a lot of other rifle companies) from a South African company. You might send a PM to @Gert Odendaal, as he is in RSA and has good contacts with knowledgeable gunsmiths there. If Musgrave made a 404 Jeffery, he might have one. :)

Agree with Ruger Fan....Gert will most likely have an answer!

I have hunted with a 7x57 Musgrave and really enjoyed the caliber and the rifle. It was Gerrit Jv Vuuren's rifle. He is a member here.

I have heard many South African's speak fondly of the old Blomfontein Musgrave's. Fewer South African's that I have spoken to are as fond of the reincarnation.

Peter Hathaway Capstick spoke highly of the one he owned. (not 7x57)

A few years ago I was driving through Ermelo and the individual I was with wanted to stop in at Musgrave. I looked around a bit and handled a couple of rifles. As far as I was concerned they seemed good, but I am no connoisseur of firearms. They are primarily a tool to me. Not sure where you are located but if you are in RSA, you might stop by.

Hopefully some South African's will chime in!

img_2083-jpg.40388

Not the best view but it is the only photo of a 7x57 Musgrave that I have.

Attachments

• IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    871.5 KB · Views: 172
Google Musgrave Rifles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross