Musgrave 375 H&H - the right move?

H&H in a time during the 70s and 80s built some of their rifle on Sako actions also., when for a time it was difficult to find enough k98s / or build more affordable models.

What you have here is a fine custom rifle with a Musgrave barrel. They used their own actions and to my knowledge never used a Sako action. They did use mil surp M98 actions to build the Africa model. the new Musgrave M21 action is currently being launched.

They are well made and reliable. My “small” PH rifle is the m98 actioned Musgrave in .375 and fits me better that my H&H or pre 64 super grade Winchester.

This .375 came out of the Musgrave Custom Shop, sadly no longer with us. They made some very nice rifles during their time that were good quality and, for what you got, excellent value for money. To the best of my knowledge, Musgrave never made factory left-hand rifles, so this was a special order gun, no doubt.

The rifle's sights are typically Musgrave and similar to the ones they fitted to some of their factory rifles. The stock is hand-chequered and the quality of the wood a cut above that fitted to the factory rifles.

I think you did good here.

Great rifle!
Mine is a Musgrave 98 in 9,3x62. Will be my choice for moose hunting in Sweden.
Those Musgraves are built well and sturdy.

Great rifle
Mine is a 300H&H built on a Brno action VZ24.
Built really well, easy on the eye and brilliantly accurate.

I have recently purchased a 2nd hand Musgrave 375 H&H Left-hand rifle. It is an older model with a Sako L691 action. I have yet to shoot it, although it is comfortable and well balanced - with my limited knowledge. It is in excellent condition. Can anyone assist me with regards to my choice in the rifle and give me your opinion ? I suppose I would like someone with more experience stating it is a good choice in rifle!
I was not aware that the old Bloemfontein Musgrave factory built left hand rifles, goes to show your never too old to learn.
I have right hand 270 Win Mod83 and 375 from around the mid '80s.
They are extremely well made, superior finish and with the world renowned accuracy of Musgrave barrels.
Happy hunting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross