Scrumbag

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BASC, SCI
Hunted
Europe
Well, on Saturday I had the pleasure of guiding a good mate of mine onto a roe buck after he took me stalking on his ground last year. (We were hoping for fallow but thet were a no show).

Not a trophy in the classic sense but a good animal to take out and remove from the gene pool. This type of roe buck is called a murder buck due to the damage the antlers do to other roe deer when fighting.

ATB,

Scrummy

Attachments

• IMG_1851 186942_zps05tribxy.jpg
    IMG_1851 186942_zps05tribxy.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 708
Thanks for sharing, I can see why they are called murder bucks with those daggers . Forrest

the lack of trophy antlers wont have anything to do with the delicious steaks it will provide.

Congratulations! More proof that hunters are the ultimate in conservation as well

the lack of trophy antlers wont have anything to do with the delicious steaks it will provide.

He might be better for the slow cooker or sausages / burgers on the BBQ if we get any more summer. Whatever he will be good eating!

Thanks for sharing, I can see why they are called murder bucks with those daggers . Forrest

Interestingly my mate is thinking of turning them into bottle openers (He has a rather nice warthog tusk knife as well)

Been watching a few Roe deer hunting vids lately. Great little animals, pity none were introduced to NZ.

Been watching a few Roe deer hunting vids lately. Great little animals, pity none were introduced to NZ.

They are lovely animals. See if you can get some muntjac to NZ ;)

Congratulations to you both.

Congrats! Roe is on my list for future hunts

Well Done and thanks for sharing with us

Great, was wondering why your post was murder buck, at least you cleared that up.

Congrats! Roe is on my list for future hunts

Roe deer is one of most popular hunting game species in Europe!
Well developed roe is six pointer.

The roe spiker buck, seen above is best to be taken before summer rut.

Roe deer is one of most popular hunting game species in Europe!
Well developed roe is six pointer.

The roe spiker buck, seen above is best to be taken before summer rut.

Oh definitely, taken on sight in my case. second one I've had off the ground in a little under 1 year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg