Multiple 375's

Milehighshooter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
With so much 375 chatter recently, ....i'll throw my hat in the ring af well.

How many own multiple 375's?

I have a spare magnum M70, a .375" barrel blank, and a really nice factory custom shop stock. Now I already have a plastic M70 375.

Action didn't sell in the classifieds SSI now I'm debating building with parts I have on hand.

Parts on hand:
M70 classic currently 300 wby w/ multiple stock options
Bauska BBK02 magnum mauser clone with 95% modified to fit cz550 stock

No name sporter 98 bought cheap but have a hinged floor plate and 9.3 bbl could use here

M48 Yugo X2 - both with aftermarket stocks

.375" Douglas light/med contour blank
.375" unknown slightly lighter M98 threaded no chamber bbl

Ammo/ components for 375 H&H
Dies for 375 Wby
100 rds 376 Steyr ammo

Also thinking 375 RNE on M48's or 376

So ive got the makings for many options. Had plans, then I found plastic M70 cheap. Kinda resets plans.

Last edited:
I don't have but one, but why not?

Well Phil I need to defecate or get off the pot with SO many projects. Keep hitting on great deals for parts for builds, then finding complete guns I can't pass up.

A handful along with a actions that I lengthened to accept longer bullets that are pushed out.

Doesn't everyone?

Well Phil I need to defecate or get off the pot with SO many projects. Keep hitting on great deals for parts for builds, then finding complete guns I can't pass up.

That's how I am about doing load developments. I get a few loads for a rifle and then have to go get another. Alas work has caught up to me the last couple of years and I've still got a .404J to get done.

That's how I am about doing load developments. I get a few loads for a rifle and then have to go get another. Alas work has caught up to me the last couple of years and I've still got a .404J to get done.

Yup! I still need to finish the 25-06 and 243 for antelope/deer in a month, finish my dads 257 AI and IF my ultralight 284 is done in time, get that settled before I head to montana next month. Not to mention finishing finishing my wood for the 275 and 35W. Ugh. Too many pokers in the fire

I had four .375 H&H rifles until a couple months ago, sold the Ruger RSM which I owned the longest and took the most game with, but still currently have 3 Sako rifles. An AV standard, an AIV Safari, and a model 85 Kodiak. I plan to sell the AV and keep the other two. The .375 is a fascinating cartridge and I like to shoot it more than is strictly reasonable. Lesser cartridges kick less, cost less, and and are just plain easier to shoot, but are not as capable or interesting. I only need a .375 for African game, not anything I hunt at home. But it works well for moose, elk and bears.

I use two, both on ZKK 602 actions with the pop up peep sight in the receiver. One 24 inch barrel which I use with 350-380 gr bullets for "bush" work and the other with original 25.5" barrel with 300 gr bullets for more open country.

Milehighshooter, I’d be real tempted to turn one into a 458 Lott, except you probably already have one of those and 3 project rifles for another:eek::LOL::ROFLMAO::whistle:!

Milehighshooter, I’d be real tempted to turn one into a 458 Lott, except you probably already have one of those and 3 project rifles for another:eek::LOL::ROFLMAO::whistle:!

Ha! No, no Lott projects. AZDAVE tried to tempt me into a 470 Capstick though. I have a 10.75x68 and a 400 Whelen project getting barreled currently. Probably as big as i'll go. I don't ever see elephant in my future, so the "mild" mediums should be good enough. Until I find a 458 on a used rack for 500 bucks someday.....

I’ve got a few extra 375’s around but who doesn’t? They are like potato chips, can’t have just one!

@Milehighshooter You never know when the mastodons will start hatching and terrorising the front range, you need to be prepared.

For the 375's both the H&H and the Wetherby will fit the long action ans the styer will fit the standard actions.

I may have found a nice whitworth action that I will build the 470 on, like I need any more projects;)

I bought the last $500 458 rack gun several years ago:cool:

Longwalker,

I took mine bear hunting this year, but never saw one. I was using a midrange load with the 235 Speer and Varget. Best combo I found in limited time. Little bit if promise with 250 SGK but they need more dialing in. Haven't tried any 300's yet, waiting for the next gunshow, guy has a bullet booth with lots of 375 bullets for a fair price.

I have two 375 H&H’s. One Kimber Caprivi and the other a Rem 700 KS I would like to take two 375’s next time but I believe some African countries will not allow two firearms of the same caliber. I believe Namibia is one of them?

I also think that SA is another.

Unfortunately I only have one, and hope that one day will have another. You can't have too many rifles. :)(y)

@Milehighshooter If you want to sell me your other magnum for the same price I am getting the whitworth action for I will take you up on the offer :E Eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilma6932

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg