Mugabe threatens to takeover "white" safari operators in Zimbabwe

:A No Evil:

Has he directly called out the safari industry before?

Just amazing what has been done to Zim. Love all the fake down votes of all the comments too.

What about the lands they took over? Is there hunting there? I doubt it. The animals were most likely killed off.

I have recently just come back from hunting on one of our concessions on the banks of the Bubi River in Zimbabwe for Livingston Eland and Cape Buffalo and was amazed at how much land invasion has already taken place on privately owned farms by literally thousands little settlements with more cattle that the areas can carry.

The Wildlife does not stand a chance against these so called farmers and their cattle, as their primary concern is their cattle and do not care for the wildlife. The number of snares that I encountered and dismantled was heart breaking.

I can even begin to know what devastation the below article will bring to the remaining wildlife outside of national reserves...

http://www.bdlive.co.za/africa/afri...abe-threatens-to-take-over-white-owned-safari

What about the lands they took over? Is there hunting there? I doubt it. The animals were most likely killed off.

I don't think so, but will need someone more educated on the situation than I am to say for sure.

When I flew from Harare to the Chewore North concession I can tell you that the farms and infrastructure stuck out like a sore thumb.... you could see the barns and buildimgs, but no vehicles, or only 1-2. Very very obvious that the output didn't match the infrastructure.

One positive, at 91 he cant live forever :)

One positive, at 91 he cant live forever :)

I asked about this too when over there. The prevailing opinion was that as the inevitable power grab begins upon his death that the situation is likely to get worse.

Is there a nominated successor or any contingency plans in place for when he meets his maker?

This comment about says it.

"Chomping on elephant after a recent aid payment by the EU, while he obsesses over whites.
A script for a satirical carnival of Afro-mafiosi inflation and delusion, brought to you and endorsed by the sub-Saharan chapter of delinquent schizoids and hangers-on."

And the final elimination of Zimbabwe wildlife has been announced

Hopefully it was just rhetoric but it could hail the onset of worrying times for our friends in Zimbabwe.
Fingers crossed for you all and stay safe.

These dictators have a very backwards way of thinking. I'm not sure how much the country takes in from sport hunting, but I bet the economy would feel the blow if it stopped, or is put into the hands of people that have no clue what they are doing.

We have a guy like Mugabe controlling the Whitehouse here in the USA.

These dictators have a very backwards way of thinking. I'm not sure how much the country takes in from sport hunting, but I bet the economy would feel the blow if it stopped, or is put into the hands of people that have no clue what they are doing.

We have a guy like Mugabe controlling the Whitehouse here in the USA.
Yup and her name is Valerie Jarrett. Oops! I mean Michelle Obama. Everyone knows Barry isn't running things!
Hahahaha! oh Barak.

And he is from Kenya, not Zim. Lol

Mugabe threatens to take over safari operations
2015-03-01 11:30

f24b6b9011cf4f18870b3f53808a4448.png

President Robert Mugabe at his 91st birthday in the resort town of Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. (Tsvangirayi Mukwazhi, AP)

Victoria Falls - Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe threatened to take over local white-owned safari operations as he celebrated his 91st birthday in Victoria Falls on Saturday.

"We are not owners of the animals even that run hither and thither in our forests," Mugabe, wearing a red scarf and a black suit, said.

"They (Europeans) still have farms and privately they arrange with visitors in America to come, they do their own things and pay themselves; kill animals carry trophies with them.

"There is no supervision. But we are now going to invade these forests," Mugabe said in a rambling two-hour long speech to thousands of youths who sat sipping yoghurt shipped in from the First Family's dairy farm near Harare.

Mugabe appeared to be referring to some private white and foreign owned conservancies still operating in Zimbabwe.

- SAPA

Attachments

• f24b6b9011cf4f18870b3f53808a4448.png
    f24b6b9011cf4f18870b3f53808a4448.png
    258 KB · Views: 126
If you fly over Zim you can see exactly where the "farmers" live and where wildlife live. Rhodesia used to feed Africa, now they are starving and on world food aid. See the attached picture
DSC00554.JPG

Yeah, couldn't be much sadder, could it?

How could you possibly end up with wildlife conflicts with all that short grass and those pretty straight lines ?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!