MSR - Mountain Snow Rifle from Montana Rifle Company

Discussion in 'Firearms & Ammunition' started by Montana Rifle Company, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Montana Rifle Company

Montana Rifle Company SPONSOR Since 2018 AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    MSR - Mountain Snow Rifle

montana-mountainsnowrigle-msr.png

Utilizing the opinions and advice of field experts around the world, we are introducing the new Mountain Snow Rifle (MSR). The MSR starts with the X2 rifle platform and adds several custom features to increase its versatility. With the detachable magazine box and quick release flush cup swivel studs, the MSR gives a variety of options for mobility in and out of the field as well as ammunition ferry and storage. The X2 stock is Hydrodipped in a “Kryptek” Pontus camo pattern for its striking presence. Barrel contours, lengths and twists were modified for this rifle from recommendations of ammunition experts and their ballistic lab test results. For the first time in company history we will be offering a rifle platform in 204 Ruger, 223 Wylde (accepts 223 Rem and 5.56 NATO) and 300 Blackout!

Screenshot 358.png
    Screenshot 359.png

2. Von S.

Von S. AH Enthusiast

I like it Bob.

You guys make some pretty spiffy iron at your shop.

Just wondering something. Do you make a action big enough to support a repeating 375 Warlord in a 1.6 diameter?

3. Shootist43

Shootist43 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
    What????

4. Von S.

Von S. AH Enthusiast

That's what I originally said when I was asked to put one together for a fella.

The warlord supposedly throws a 400 bore rider out the muzzle at somewhere around, now get this, in the neighborhood of 3500 fps. and makes the 378 Weather by look small next to it. I was told that it was originally designed as a 2 mile steel plate gun.

I like to shoot at distance, but 2 miles? I couldn't make out Godzilla at two miles, let alone a big bear or anything else.

But this guy seems sincere and is a nice guy so Ill do so research.

5. IvW

IvW AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    BASA, CHASA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia