Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
Here is a great video of Ms. Lisa's quartering away shot on a white blesbok. The shot placement is perfect and the result is the animal expiring in sight of the hide. Thanks to Ms. Lisa for allowing us to share her video here on AH.com..!

Here is some useful follow-up information that will hopefully help those hunters who shoot lower poundage bows to achieve the necessary momentum for good penetration.

We have always stressed the effectiveness of shooting heavy arrows with a high front of center weight distribution. Ms. Lisa's set up is an excellent example of the kind of arrow build that will allow lower poundage bowhunters to achieve the best penetration possible for maximum lethality.

Ms. Lisa arrowed 3 animals during this latest safari achieving complete pass-thrus on a blesbok, a blue wildebeest, and buried the arrow to the fletches on an eland all of which expired in sight of the hides.

Draw weight: 52lbs.
Draw length: 27"
Arrow: Carbon Express Pile Driver Hunter @ 11.5 gpi, with a 125 gr brass insert.
Broadhead: Muzzy Trocar (all-stainless steel) 100 gr.
Nocturnal Lighted Nock: 20 gr.
Total arrow weight: 560 gr. with 22% FOC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,