MRC 505 Gibbs Colorado Buck finally here! From the bench and standing

I had to smile and laugh on your "I am aware that no sane PH would allow me to step foot on the veldt with a brake. They probably would greet me at the airport with a hacksaw...: and a refund." comment. and I do concur with the no muzzle break. I have a 500 Jeff that is a nice rifle to shoot with no break so I am sure that your 505 would be fine without one. I will donate the hacksaw to cut it off and I am sure we as a collective group of Big Bore enthusiasts can find a gunsmith to recrown it:P Elmer Fudd:
JJ Perodeau would be my suggested Gunsmith.

Congratz on your new rifle an d may you be blessed with many buffalo hunts with it.

I had to smile and laugh on your "I am aware that no sane PH would allow me to step foot on the veldt with a brake. They probably would greet me at the airport with a hacksaw...: and a refund." comment. and I do concur with the no muzzle break. I have a 500 Jeff that is a nice rifle to shoot with no break so I am sure that your 505 would be fine without one. I will donate the hacksaw to cut it off and I am sure we as a collective group of Big Bore enthusiasts can find a gunsmith to recrown it:P Elmer Fudd:
JJ Perodeau would be my suggested Gunsmith.

Congratz on your new rifle an d may you be blessed with many buffalo hunts with it.
Thanks Azdave!! Honestly, if I ever get to Africa I may, I’m fact, do this!,

Congratulations on the 505. Long time dream of mine as well.
I will probably just stick to my .416 Rigby. I have yet to shed blood with it. It will happen.
Curious how it would do with a cap on the instead of the brake. My 7 mm08 came with both. I haven’t shot it with the brake. I thought I might possibly want to suppress it at some point in the future.
Yeah I would prefer a cut then a threading for a screw on off brake with cap option

No it does not sir

I was just helping @spike.t out. He hadn't seen that you'd already answered. We all try and assist him when we can around here. It's the right thing to do. :A Wheelchair:

The muzzle looks like the end of a Tank barrel. Pretty cool, unless you are standing next to it. LOL.
Heck of a good caliber!

I was just helping @spike.t out. He hadn't seen that you'd already answered. We all try and assist him when we can around here. It's the right thing to do. :A Wheelchair:

Jeez cant wait for you to try get through immigration in Zambia next time....I will watch the security cameras monitor with much hilarity..... :A Thumbs Up: :D Beers:

Royal27....Sounds like me too LMAO

It´s a big gun, congrats !

Yes it is Nyati. I tend to shoot the bigger heavier ones better due to right hand tremor... Do t get me wrong, even that still doesn’t make me that good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you