MRC 505 Gibbs Colorado Buck finally here! From the bench and standing

I had to smile and laugh on your "I am aware that no sane PH would allow me to step foot on the veldt with a brake. They probably would greet me at the airport with a hacksaw...: and a refund." comment. and I do concur with the no muzzle break. I have a 500 Jeff that is a nice rifle to shoot with no break so I am sure that your 505 would be fine without one. I will donate the hacksaw to cut it off and I am sure we as a collective group of Big Bore enthusiasts can find a gunsmith to recrown it:P Elmer Fudd:
JJ Perodeau would be my suggested Gunsmith.

Congratz on your new rifle an d may you be blessed with many buffalo hunts with it.

I had to smile and laugh on your "I am aware that no sane PH would allow me to step foot on the veldt with a brake. They probably would greet me at the airport with a hacksaw...: and a refund." comment. and I do concur with the no muzzle break. I have a 500 Jeff that is a nice rifle to shoot with no break so I am sure that your 505 would be fine without one. I will donate the hacksaw to cut it off and I am sure we as a collective group of Big Bore enthusiasts can find a gunsmith to recrown it:P Elmer Fudd:
JJ Perodeau would be my suggested Gunsmith.

Congratz on your new rifle an d may you be blessed with many buffalo hunts with it.
Thanks Azdave!! Honestly, if I ever get to Africa I may, I’m fact, do this!,

Congratulations on the 505. Long time dream of mine as well.
I will probably just stick to my .416 Rigby. I have yet to shed blood with it. It will happen.
Curious how it would do with a cap on the instead of the brake. My 7 mm08 came with both. I haven’t shot it with the brake. I thought I might possibly want to suppress it at some point in the future.
Yeah I would prefer a cut then a threading for a screw on off brake with cap option

No it does not sir

I was just helping @spike.t out. He hadn't seen that you'd already answered. We all try and assist him when we can around here. It's the right thing to do. :A Wheelchair:

The muzzle looks like the end of a Tank barrel. Pretty cool, unless you are standing next to it. LOL.
Heck of a good caliber!

I was just helping @spike.t out. He hadn't seen that you'd already answered. We all try and assist him when we can around here. It's the right thing to do. :A Wheelchair:

Jeez cant wait for you to try get through immigration in Zambia next time....I will watch the security cameras monitor with much hilarity..... :A Thumbs Up: :D Beers:

Royal27....Sounds like me too LMAO

It´s a big gun, congrats !

Yes it is Nyati. I tend to shoot the bigger heavier ones better due to right hand tremor... Do t get me wrong, even that still doesn’t make me that good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharynSoli

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross