Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
We would like to share a video of a recent client who is a traditional bow hunter. Mr. Gary put on a traditional archery clinic during his recent safari with us. The results were impressive to say the least!

Obviously, hunting with the long bow has it's challenges among them being limited shot distance, shot placement, and often penetration issues.. Mr. Gary's shot placement was impeccable and the arrow builds were up to the task in dropping all 4 of the trophy animals he took within sight of the hides. This is an incredible result with a compound bow in the hands of the best bow hunters let alone a long bow. Congrats to Mr. Gary and many thanks for allowing us to share his hunts on the AH.com Forums. More to follow...

Thank you for sharing. Many years ago, I was into bow hunting using a compound bow. I went over to a friend's house one evening and he was shooting a custom longbow. After shooting his that evening, I had to have one. For several years I used 62lb and 74lb custom longbows. They can be as addicting as double rifles. I killed several whitetails, brocket deer, wild boar, javelina, caiman, agoutis, carpinchos/chinguiros (capybara) and various other small game. Alas, multiple shoulder surgeries caused me to pass my longbows on to another well deserving hunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg