Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member: Buckmasters, NRA, RMEF, DSC, SCI, and CCA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique
Thanks for sharing

Hmmm....

I know that is what it says, but is there actually hunting in Zinave? Is that a misprint?

The animals have come from the Kruger National Park in South Africa as part of an agreement to make the Zinave park more attractive for hunting tourism signed between Mozambique and South Africa.

Even if it is only restocking a national park that's good for the elephants and could lead to more?

@Royal27 My assumption is that they are trying to develop it like around Niassa with hunting blocks. Put the animals in the park, as the population grows, start using the boundary property for hunting,... but I have no details. Maybe when @TMS gets online he might have some insights

@Royal27 My assumption is that they are trying to develop it like around Niassa with hunting blocks. Put the animals in the park, as the population grows, start using the boundary property for hunting,... but I have no details. Maybe when @TMS gets online he might have some insights

Yeah, I wondered that after I posted. Either way it ain't a bad thing and I'd love to hear more.

@Royal27 just did a broader search and came across this. Sounds mostly like a staged process to improve the park and then link up with Gonarhezou park. It does mention conservancies in the discussion - hopefully that relates to hunting similar to Namibia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkreaper17

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois