MOZAMBIQUE: Sable Hunt With TMS Safaris

Wow what an awesome report so far and sable, I am soooo jealous. Hunting Moz with Simon has become my for sure bucket list hunt. congrats

Great story, well told. I can imagine what must have been going through your mind as you were tracking and the blood was getting sparser and sparser. I've been there, and it's not a good feeling.

One big difference between a good PH and a great PH is the efforts the latter will go to in order to find a wounded animal. Simon and his guys did a first rate job.

Very nice Sable. They are a truly majestic animal.

Simons hunting area looks like an awesome place!

@BRICKBURN wrote
"Raymundo is such a sour puss. I think I only got one picture of him smiling.

Nice Bull.

I understand your reluctance to shoot into the indistinguishable black of the herd.

What are the autopsy results? Did you hit him with the first shot?"

I think I only got one pic of Raymundo smiling also. I took this pic on signal hill after we were done taking pictures of my Sable. He might have been smiling because he was thinking about the comment about "mucho dinero" (tip) that Tomei made when we finally killed the bull.
DSC_0375_zpsibkphvdo.jpg

Wayne how could you possibly ask if I hit him with the first shot? Don't answer that!!!
Yes, my first shot hit him, although it hit low and in the back of his chest. My second shot also hit him, in the left side of his rear, but it didn't hit bone, so all four of his legs were working fine.

I think that the blood that we found was from my second shot, and that he was laying down when we found him as a result (finally!!) of my first bullet.

Attachments

• DSC_0375_zpsibkphvdo.jpg
    DSC_0375_zpsibkphvdo.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 126
Wayne how could you possibly ask if I hit him with the first shot? Don't answer that.

I was just trying to imagine if the bullet hit a dirt bank or some wet wood that it made "the sound" of a hit.

Oh well, not every shot is perfect. At least you guys got him in the end. Well perforated or not, it is a very nice bull under tough conditions.

Beautiful Sable bull! Congrats to everyone.

Fantastic Kurt!!

Magnificent sable, congrats! I'm happy you got a beautiful sable in the wild.

Congrats Kurt, a great experience and a beautiful sable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowlimitless

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross