Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Swedish hunting association
Hunted
Sweden, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique, Spain, Austria, Germany and Canada
My dear fellow hunters.
I have had the pleasure to be able to hunt in Africa since 11 years. Been several times to South Africa, mainly plains game, but also Big Game like white rhino and buffalo. Tanzania and Selous, hunting for Big Five. Zimbabwe, plains game and cats...

BUT last year, 2008 in Nov/Dec, we "found" NHENDA SAFARI ! (Nhenda Safaris Mozambique Cahorra Bassa Hunting and Fishing) ,thru "our" PH in RSA, Mr Jaco Haar. Four Swedish hunters, never been to Moz before, almost never had a thought of Moz, but.... From day one, at TETE airport, we got greeted from owner Mr Bernhard van Dyk and his beautiful wife, Brenda. PH James and PH Mac. Immediately, we, the Swedish hunters, felt very confident. Happy people and with big warm hearts !
The drive from airport to Cahora Bassa east coast, took 3 hours, and just good fun and laughs !
Offload cars and load everything into two 20 feet boats, and of we went on this huge dam, Cahora Bassa !
3 hours later, arrival to camp, and from there and 14 days forward we had 100% real African hunting ! ALL animals, from huge crocs to Lions, Roan, elephants, well everything !
Living standard, service, PH's, food, drinks, I mean everything was 100% ! Don't hesitate, just try to book and get your self and your rifle into this paradise ! TIA ! ( This Is Africa )

See some of our hunting pictures

Be careful out there and best regards
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you guys had a good hunt. Looks like everyone got hippo and croc.

Dear fellow hunters.
Since November 2008, when we found Nhenda Camp at Cahora Bassa, first time, we have been back in May 2010 and October 2010. Every time is, incredible, getting better and better !Camp is developing and now there are 4 big lapas and nice bar and relaxspot, also last week, pool was ready !( even if camp is less then 15 meters from water, you dont take a swim in Cahora Bassa ! ) We have hunted and got lucky with crocodiles from 3 meters up to 5 meters + , we hunted lions and hippos, bush bucks and buffalo's, elephants and leopards. Still no other country in Africa can compete with wilderness, animals and prices. We will be back in May 2011, and now we are really going for BIG crocodiles and leopards/Lions.
The country itself is very friendly, and even in the capital, Maputo, you will feel safe. ( doesn't mean that you mustn't watch out ! ) Also now, when you can fly direct from Johannesburg to Tete with SAA, travel is so easy. My recommendations to you all fellow hunters is to try to take some time of, and visit Mozambique and do some good hunting and fishing.

Stay safe out there and God bless.

Michael

Soon very soon ! Within 30 days we will be back to hunting utopia !

Within 8 days I'm back ! Will be great to meet Brenda, Bernhard and the kids again ! 21 nights in PARADISE !

Lion, buffalo, crocodile, hippo and if not another fellow hunter booked the leopard, I'll stay out a few nights as well...... Hippo on land in moonlight is a fantastic adventure, has to be done again !

Within 8 days !

Safe travel and the very best of hunting luck to you, Michael.

Make sure you share your experiences with us on your return.

Dear Paul. Cause of good or bad.... Nhenda got Wifi at camp ! So, will be able to send some hunt reports direct from base camp ! Just got info that lions, elephants, buffalos, Roans, Kudus etc... are close to camp.... and yes.... HUGE leopard has been seen by road workers several evenings and early mornings !
Will stay in good contact with you all !
Take good care and God bless.
Mike

Mike, The wait is nearly over... The nice thing about being able to spend 3 weeks in Africa is that you can really soak it all in! All the best to you on your upcoming journey.

Enjoy! My own trip to Zim is coming up in June. Anticipation...

Had another fantastic 3 weeks hunt at, Nhenda in May. Will soon get the DVD, and will make a full report.
HOWEVER, when we arrived from Frankfurt in Johannesburg and had to run to next flight to Tete, all our luggage was lost in Johannesburg, so we almost lost a full week of hunting. Then Nhenda offered us an " Xtra hunt" ... SO I will be back in Mozambique, for another 3 weeks "Explorer hunt", Buffalo, Lion, leopard, Elephant, hippo, crocodile, Sable.... already now in August.
Sometimes life can be very fair!

So sorry to hear of your delayed baggage. I know how yo feel!!! I will not have my baggage go direct through Johannesburg any more, instead I know spend a night in Afton Lodge.
I also know of your pre hunt anticipation as I am due in Northern Mozambique in a little over a month for Buffalo, Leopard, Sable and common plains game with Kambako African Safaris - Mozambique, Africa

Dear fellow hunter.
We have used same flight many times. Gothenburg Sweden via Frankfurt to Joburg and then direct from Joburg to Tete. But this time we was late from Frankfurt and had only 55 minutes transfer time i'n Joburg, so..... Normally we have almost 4 hours... Wish you good hunting and best of luck i'n Mozambique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross