AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Moz, SA
20211013_114450.jpg
I have been pretty swamped with work since I returned from my hunt with Kwalata Safaris in Mozambique in October of this year. But, with some time off for the holidays, I wanted to get this story out. It was a 10- day Buffalo and Plains Game hunt that was originally booked in January of 2020 and delayed until October 2021 due to Covid. I was looking for a grand adventure and this far exceeded my expectations. Jaco Strauss was the Outfitter/PH. This hunt was so epic that a mere review would not do it justice. I came face to face with a charging cape buffalo. I was mauled and my life was saved by Jaco and his team. I would direct you to the article I will be posting shortly in the article section of AH. I love this forum. I could have easily been paid for having this article printed because it really was such an amazing adventure. However, this forum has helped cultivate my passion for Africa, helped me learn and be well prepared. Hell, I even bought my .500 Jeffery from this forum. Therefore, I can think of no more fitting place to tell this story. Just a few things I wanted to relay before I post the article: First, since the article is not in the format of a review, I just wanted express that I would recommend anyone looking for a real adventure in unspoiled Africa to contact Jaco Strauss. The Niassa Special Reserve truly is special. Jaco and his team are hard-working, honest and fun to hunt with and be around. Second, just to clarify, I hunted in L8 which is Jaco's partner Jumbo's Block. It was late in the season. Jaco had used all of his quota in L9. But Jaco has a great relationship with Jumbo and Jumbo had extra quota. Jumbo's team was gracious and the lodge, food and accommodations were top notch. The logistics were first class. I was met at the airport in Pemba and assisted through customs, and with my gun permits. From Pemba, I was flown by bush plane out to the camp. Covid testing, assistance with airport check-in, firearms and customs was all provided upon exit. I experienced no problems at all during the process. Lastly, it was a great hunt and an adventure of a lifetime! I took two buffalo, a Hardebeest and a Zebra. Enjoy the pictures below. I'll save the buffalo pictures for the article. The article will be posted shortly. It is titled: "Pain and redemption in Niassa". I hope you enjoy it. I am sure Jaco or I will be around if any of you have questions.

20211012_032619.jpg

20211011_180924.jpg

20211012_033009.jpg

20211012_100743.jpg
20211012_121156 (1).jpg
20211013_111913.jpg
20211018_062935.jpg
20211021_104832.jpg
20211018_112925.jpg

Jaco’s photo teasers of Moz have been killing me…reading this article is definitely not going to help. :D Pop Popcorn:

Thanks for taking the time to write up your adventure.

Reactions: CJW
Man, did the pangolin bring you enough luck to survive the charge or did he bring you the bad luck of getting hit by the buff in the first place? Great adventure and what an epic story. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for taking the time to write this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,