MOZAMBIQUE: Has Anyone Hunted With Willie Botha From Legedema Safaris?

hurley

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone hunted with Willie Botha Legadema Hunting and Safaris in Mozambique? Supposed to go this year but he couldn’t get his guns into Mozambique. Now going to have to wait until 2022. Thanks for any information/ advice you may have.

Do a search, long thread on him and his Mozambique area. There is a legal battle going on with him and his “Safari area” with another operator.

There are a few guys that hunted with him, would be interesting to hear if they ever received their trophies from past Mozambique hunts.

I wonder if there is more to the story than “couldn’t get his guns into Mozambique”.

I don’t believe any of the other operators have had an issue and there are hunters traveling into and out of Mozambique with personal firearms without trouble.

Has anyone hunted with Willie Botha Legadema Hunting and Safaris in Mozambique? Supposed to go this year but he couldn’t get his guns into Mozambique. Now going to have to wait until 2022. Thanks for any information/ advice you may have.

Welcome to AH. Here is one of the threads mentioned by @Edge, you be the judge after reading ALL of it.

If you cannot get your guns in you are not registered in Moz.....

I just got back home today from the best hunt of my life with Legadema in Mozambique.

They also had to cancel my June booking due to bureaucratic issues with the concession (because of this forum) and the fact that South Africa was not letting rifles pass through in route to Mozambique.

See: https://safariclub.org/transit-of-firearms-blocked-from-south-africa-to-mozambique/

Legadema was able to rebook my hunt starting 8/16/21, however.

Legadema is 100% legitimate to hunt in their concession in Mozambique, despite all of the BS that was posted on this forum.

We had a government Game Scout with us every day of hunting, and the Mozambique government even did an inspection (with 3 inspectors) while I was in camp to verify all trophies/paperwork/etc.

Because of Covid mandates in Mozambique, I was only able to hunt 7 days, when I intended to hunt 9.

You might be fortunate to have to wait until 2022 and maybe this virus will go away and you won't have to deal with Covid testing cutting your hunt short.

This was a REAL African adventure.

Getting to the concession involved traveling 8 hours in a Toyota Landcruiser (and you probably really needed a vehicle that rugged), offloading everything into a boat for a river crossing, loading another Landcruiser and driving another hour,

I got what I was after, but is was a far cry from hunting in any type of high fence situation - a mature, free ranging, Cape Buffalo bull. We tracked and put in 50 miles in 4 days to get him.

We saw, literally, at least 1,000 head of other game animals in the 7 days that I hunted.

Please feel free to PM me and I'll tell you all I know.

5 Stars - all the way!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 12.05.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 12.05.12 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 12.05.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 12.05.13 PM.png
    842.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 12.05.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 12.05.15 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I just got back home today from the best hunt of my life with Legadema in Mozambique.

They also had to cancel my June booking due to bureaucratic issues with the concession (because of this forum) and the fact that South Africa was not letting rifles pass through in route to Mozambique.

See: https://safariclub.org/transit-of-firearms-blocked-from-south-africa-to-mozambique/

Legadema was able to rebook my hunt starting 8/16/21, however.

Legadema is 100% legitimate to hunt in their concession in Mozambique, despite all of the BS that was posted on this forum.

We had a government Game Scout with us every day of hunting, and the Mozambique government even did an inspection (with 3 inspectors) while I was in camp to verify all trophies/paperwork/etc.

Because of Covid mandates in Mozambique, I was only able to hunt 7 days, when I intended to hunt 9.

You might be fortunate to have to wait until 2022 and maybe this virus will go away and you won't have to deal with Covid testing cutting your hunt short.

This was a REAL African adventure.

Getting to the concession involved traveling 8 hours in a Toyota Landcruiser (and you probably really needed a vehicle that rugged), offloading everything into a boat for a river crossing, loading another Landcruiser and driving another hour,

I got what I was after, but is was a far cry from hunting in any type of high fence situation - a mature, free ranging, Cape Buffalo bull. We tracked and put in 50 miles in 4 days to get him.

We saw, literally, at least 1,000 head of other game animals in the 7 days that I hunted.

Please feel free to PM me and I'll tell you all I know.

5 Stars - all the way!
Congratulations on getting your hunt in and getting a Buff!

Would be great if you posted a hunt report with pics, did you take your own gun, details on the COVID issues in Mozambique that limited your hunting, accommodations etc.

Again, congratulations!

I'm going to write up a full report when I recover from the jet lag.

Glad you had a great hunt/experience. I just got my buff mount from the2019 season a month ago and picked up my son's buff 2 days ago and now in Denver on delivery. You never tire of helping your kids Also picked up my croc from that hunt. Son got buff, sable and impala. Can't wait til he sees them tonight. We had a great hunt also. He wants to go back but I will be 75 in Dec and don't likely see it happening. We too had a govt man with us so I guess they knew we were there. We both passed on estimated 57 in kudu. Hind sight!!!

Smokepole -

Talking with your son had a lot to do with me moving forward with hunting with Legadema.

I'm really glad I did!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegeafricagroup

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois