MOZAMBIQUE: Has Anyone Hunted With Legedema Safaris?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports Africa' started by Safari Dave, May 18, 2019.

1. Designer23

Designer23 New Member

Eric, why are you questioning the one who has actually given his contract information as well as the minutes of the meeting? Why not ask someone from Safari de Mozambique to bring their proof to the table? Willie has given all that the individuals on this forum have requested, where Safari de Mozambique hasn't.

Safari de Mozambique is using a very famous method of manipulation where they repeat negative words in a manner to distract the reader from the fact that they have no proof of what they are saying. The declaration signed by Simon is a simple letter with his logo and his signature, designed to look like a formal letter. It holds no more water than his verbal word of what he claims, yet, the same selected few are attacking Willie even after he has explained his side, given his contract AND the minutes of the meeting as PROOF of what he has said until now.

There is no finding from the SCI. If you have one, you are welcome to post it here to clarify.

You say that you are all for Willie, but in doubt. I would rather say that you are trying to create doubt instead of acknowledging the given documents. Why are you not questioning any of the vague and unfounded claims and comments of Safari de Mozambique. Willie has given signed and approved proof in the form of contracts, where for some reason you find a paper signed by Simon himself more promising than the government approved documents that the individuals of this forum requested. Willie has given proof for everything that he stated, and yet you feel the need to grill HIM about the concession. Why don't you ask Justin or Simon to do the same as Willie. That should be fair.

2. Willem Botha

Willem Botha AH Member

Yes "Eric" keep on trying to talk away from the facts. There was no finding from SCI. Why don't you ask only once for Justin and Simon to provide the proof that they have a contract? I really hope that Admin of this forum intervene so to stop this ridiculous situation.... I have given my proof that I am legal to the members. Now we wat for the Rogers to give theirs....If they don't show their contract or proof from government then the members can make their own assumptions ....

3. TXhunter65

TXhunter65 AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    @Safari Dave, I hope all works out well, you enjoy your hunt and make wonderful memories.

4. Willem Botha

Willem Botha AH Member

Thank you Dave for your open and fair comments. I hope you have a wonderful 2020 hunting season...

5. Eric24312

Eric24312 AH Member

Simple , I am no expert on contracts in Mozambique , or read or understand the language or procedures in that country. To assume the documents you produce automatically mean they are correct would be a mistake and anyone who accepts that as an answer is just foolish.

You avoiding the question I keep asking . If someone at sci is contacting the proper people in Mozambique who would have the real answers In this situation and they are stating CLEARLY hunting with you is in direct violation of the Lacey act then what’s your response ?

I would assume , and i think anyone here would assume sci has would take a neutral position in this matter correct? So in the response from them when asked about this dispute between you and Simon , they clearly state that as of the writing of that email, you have expressed interest in operating legally but DO NOT have everything in order to conduct hunting operations.

So short of a conspiracy on behalf of sci to take Simmons side then I’m not sure where your argument holds any water. If it is a conspiracy then let’s give you the chance to prove your right.

I don’t know you or Simon, I asked about a situation , sci said they would look into it and I forwarded their response. The rest is just fluff , I do however think if you really want to prove what your saying you need them to vouch for you. They have contacts and the ability to do the research the rest of us couldn’t do.

I don’t however understand how you can expect someone from across the globe to come hunt with you after the only real source anyone here can trust says it’s illegal.

does any other neutral party watching this have a better suggestion?

Chris burton and Bailey Vinac like this.

6. Eric24312

Eric24312 AH Member

I notice no one seems to read the email I posted either on page 3. Since most of the contact info is removed when posted I’ll forward it to whatever moderator wants it directly. Or simply call Barbra crown at sci and ask her what she reported on it. Simple stuff here guys

7. Willem Botha

Willem Botha AH Member

After reading the post of designer 23 I realised what you are doing. I don't believe that you are independent at all an I don't think you can fool the people reading this posts. All you do is to keep on trying to take the members who follow this attention away from the facts and to try to create uncertainty about my operation. I am keeping to the facts and here they are again: I showed my contract. It is easy for anyone who are interested to translate it. I showed the minutes of the meeting where the contract was approved for the extension of the area, with the translation. We are all waiting for the contract of SdM so Justin, Simon or Eric please present it here like I did. At this moment everybody are starting to realise that you are the one who don't have a contract to hunt in your area.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 1:34 AM

8. Chris burton

Chris burton New Member

Guys an important thing to remember about Mr Willie Botha is his role in the sharemax scandal in South Africa. Can you trust a person involved in this type of scandal. Look at his history and decide if you want to trust this kind of person with your hard earned cash for a safari of a lifetime...

9. Chris burton

Chris burton New Member

Ok here is my neutral opinion.... I worked for simon for many years both in zimbabwe and mozambique. I say my opinion is neutral because some years ago Simon and I had a fall out. However i worked for many years on the said concession from one end to the other. I saw all the work simon put into anti poaching , community projects and boreholes for the community and the game. I know it was all legal and above board and for someone to stroll in and take all or half this away in a shitty manner is unacceptable. Do background checks on these people to see if you would be happy to give these people your money. Lookup SHAREMAX in South Africa. Its a sad day in the industry when people start doing this to each other...

spike.t likes this.

10. Willem Botha

Willem Botha AH Member

It will not help to try to talk away from the point. In a high court is was last year decided that the company and its directors did not cause the damages. I have never in my live been in a court and was not ever in my live sued by anyone. I am clean my friend so let's stick to the facts You can try to play every card to steer away from the fact. Safaris de Mozambique don't have a contract . We are waiting for the proof that safaris de Mozambique has a contract.

Designer23 likes this.

11. dobber

dobber AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    hmm back ground checks, and google is full of them, now i do not claim these to be the actual person, but thought for schits and giggles. I didn't however bold or highlight anything for effect. I have no dog in this fight, but clearly someone was asked to put up or shut up, they did

"Christopher Burton, 31, also took an axe to a door she had barricaded herself behind during the argument.
    In another incident, Burton attacked his mother."

"Christopher Burton, 31, who pleaded guilty Aug. 2 to six charges arising from two incidents, was looking at a lengthy jail term."

"Superintendant Chris Burton, one of three police men cleared of misconduct charges brought after the armed operation which resulted in the death of Jimmy Ashley"

12. Eric24312

Eric24312 AH Member

still waiting to hear your answer on how sci is saying their research concludes your illegally hunting. Call me Simon all you want your diverting from the questions I’m asking.

13. Willem Botha

Willem Botha AH Member

bring the contract. We are all now realising that you don't have one.....You kan keep running with the divert of an SCI finding which is also crap, or put a letter send by Barbara here on this site to proof that you are not keeping on bul.....ing. I say again, a letter send by Barbara. WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR THE CONTRACT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 7:30 AM

14. Willem Botha

Willem Botha AH Member

And one more statement form me which you can try to prove wrong. The Administrative Court in Mozambique has never seen any contract from you.

15. Eric24312

Eric24312 AH Member

So I’m Justing now cause you are getting upset with what I’m saying? If you feel it’s wrong then contact Barbara and make your case and she can respond to me with different information. Heck she can respond to everyone on here who emails her directly themselves. Your being given the opportunity to prove your right and your not taking it

page 3 go read it

16. dobber

dobber AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    page 4 go read it

And to use a sentence that was put up earlier
    "To assume the documents you produce automatically mean they are correct would be a mistake and anyone who accepts that as an answer is just foolish."

Whats Barbs email, instead of just bantering on, pass me her info, this whole argument is looking like an impeachment trail, wait there was no trial, but there is evidence, well not so much evidence as i read it in a paper, well in my opinion i thought i read it in a paper

17. Willem Botha

Willem Botha AH Member

I agree. SCI will never make a finding on something if they did not get the response of both parties right? I gave what was asked. On my Legadema Hunting & Safaris facebook page you can see videos regarding the process that I followed. I gave my contract. I gave the minutes of the meeting where my extension of my area was approved. I made myself available for a meeting with Hunt Africa. What did the accuser produce? Nothing so far. No document from the government at all. And now everybody realise that they are the culprits and that they don't have a contract to hunt in their area.

18. Eric24312

Eric24312 AH Member

Sent it all over to you Dobber

19. Justin Rodger

Justin Rodger New Member

Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Mozambique
    See attached, a final statement by Simon Rodger managing director of SDM

Response signed.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2020 at 9:48 AM

20. Willem Botha

Willem Botha AH Member

I will once more address the statement from Simon Rodger from Safaris de Mozambque:
    1. The provincial government contract with concession holders, not ANAC;
    2. ANAC manage and regulate the concessions;
    3. Relampago do Ceu is the only company in the Tete province who are compliant with the current law meaning that our contract when through all stages and are now by the Administrative Court just for authentication.
    4. SAFARIS DE MOZAMBIQUE DON'T HAVE A LEGAL CONTRACT.
    5. The AdminIstrative Court has not seen a contract from Safaris de Mozambique until today.
    6. Relampago do Ceu's contract that went through all other stages is with the Administrative court and is not declined but in the process of being authenticated, something that will still need to be done by Safaris de Mozambique.
    7. What is eating for Safaris de Mozambique is that they will also have to comply with the new legislatuion. They will have to:
    a) Have meetings with the communities in the area they are still hunting and need to get approval;
    b) Then they will have to get the approval from the local authority and the region DA;
    c) Then they will have to take the process to the provincial government for investigation and approval or denial.
    d) Then the governor will have to approve and sign the contract;
    e) Then the contract will be send the the head of the Justice department for inspection and commends;
    f) Then the contract will have to go the the Adminestrative Court to be authenticated.
    THIS IS WHERE RELAMPAGO DO CEU'S PROCESS IS AT THIS STAGE.
    g) SCI did not make any statement;
    h) I also have a lawyer in Maputo. No use to put his detail on here to make a private or company letter look more "legal"

The contract that I provided is the one signed by the Governor, the director of Land and Rural development, the head of Nature Conservation, the DA of Magoe and myself. This contract has its contract number on and are at the Administrative Court. I have the approval from government to hunt. Safaris de Mozambique don't have such a contract.

One good statement form Simon is that this is his last statement. Hopefully he and Justin will now stop playing their game here and work thru the authorities.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 10:10 AM