MOZAMBIQUE: Has Anyone Hunted With Chasseurs De Moçambique?

Kevin Wagner

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC life member , NRA life member, SCI
Hunted
USA, Alaska, Canada, and South Africa
I am doing some research on Chasseurs de Mocambique (https://www.cdmocambique.com/). I saw they had donated a few hunts at my local DSC chapter banquet. I don’t see them in the hunting outfitters section of this forum and nothing comes up when I search for them on this forum. They do have a website and a FB page, but neither have any testimonials. Has anybody had any experience with them or hunted with them?

I have been looking at this outfit as well for a buff hunt in Niassa Mozambique. Great prices but haven’t found much feedback on them yet.

Searched the phone number in RSA and Poof.

Have you noticed that there is NO NAME of the OUTFITTER or PH on the website you reference?

Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 16.14.17.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 16.14.30.png

Have a look at this.

https://www.africahunting.com/threa...imbabwe-south-africa.15591/page-3#post-249906

Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Searched the phone number in RSA and Poof.

Have you noticed that there is NO NAME of the OUTFITTER or PH on the website you reference?

Have a look at this.

https://www.africahunting.com/threa...imbabwe-south-africa.15591/page-3#post-249906
Brickburn, thank you for digging into this, I had not looked at the phone number in RSA. Now that you mention the RSA phone number the POSTAL ADDRESS (Postnet Suite 291 Private Bag X37 Lynwood Ridge 0040 South Africa) and the phone number for both Chasseurs de Mocambique and JP big game safaris is the same....

I did a quick look through JP big game safaris website(https://www.jpsafaris.co.za/) and I don't see any mention of Juan Pace(they do list a PH I haven't research him yet). I would think he is no longer with either operation, as the other thread has alluded PHASA has terminated Juan Pace’s membership back in 2017.

It is odd that both JP big game safaris and Chasseurs de Mocambique have the same RSA phone number and address. Of note Chasseurs de Mocambique donated hunts my local DSC chapter banquet held March of this year, and JP big game safaris donated hunts to the Lehigh Valley Chapter of SCI Banquet also March of this year.

or I am complete moron and got into digging for info and missed the obvious... the "JP" in JP big game safaris stands for Juan Pace:cautious:

I have been looking at this outfit as well for a buff hunt in Niassa Mozambique. Great prices but haven’t found much feedback on them yet.
Good day Roy, maybe I can help out? You can send me a private message or send me an email at aj@kwalata.com. We hunt in the Niassa National Reserve in Mozambique and I can tell you more about our operation and send you some references as well.

Kind Regards
Aj Fourie

Ok WOW I have now read and educated myself on Mr. Pace their are way to many threads about him, none good. Thank you @BRICKBURN some searches on this forum from before I was a member regarding Mr. Pace (and the PH that is listed on his website) tell the story.

How in the world is this guy still hunting/in business/advertising at DSC and SCI.
How do we get the DSC/SCI to exclude him from their auctions, and help new members to not get swindled.

Change company names, different front men, and away you go. Again and again and again.
SCI has a very large disclaimer and the do not screen Outfitters. read the fine print, you are on your own.

Change company names, different front men, and away you go. Again and again and again.
SCI has a very large disclaimer and the do not screen Outfitters. read the fine print, you are on your own.
Now that's a very fine example of why this site, its members and you @BRICKBURN rock. Hopefully saved someone some money, worry and issues. Awesome.

MB

Now that's a very fine example of why this site, its members and you @BRICKBURN rock. Hopefully saved someone some money, worry and issues. Awesome.

MB

I had a minute to do my searching magic.
Never heard of the OPs company.
Not finding anything is strange. Then onward to the harder searches.
Hope it helps.

I understand (understanding and agreeing with are two different things) the fine print. DSC, SCI, ETC can't control what every outfitter actually does on a hunt. However as long as DSC, SCI have been around they should have a "do not take donations from" type of list(I'm sure someone from one of their auction has been screwed and logged a complaint or two to DSC or SCI). If they had at least a "do not take donations from" list it would show some good faith effort to prevent their members that maybe don't know to do the research or assume its been vetted through SCI/DAC from getting swindled.

or maybe as simple as only take donations from outfitters who operate in SA to be members of PHASA.

There are a bunch of good outfitters and professional hunters that are not members of PHASA for various reasons. There’s also other organisation to be affiliated with like S.A. Hunters to name but one for South Africa alone and the list continues.

PHASA has also had some troubled members in the past (I do not mean this as an attack on any current PHASA Member). Doing research on forums like this is probably the best thing one can do when considering an Outfitter. There are guys here that has been around the block that will be able to tell you exactly what you can expect.

Kind Regards
Aj Fourie.

I am doing some research on Chasseurs de Mocambique (https://www.cdmocambique.com/). I saw they had donated a few hunts at my local DSC chapter banquet. I don’t see them in the hunting outfitters section of this forum and nothing comes up when I search for them on this forum. They do have a website and a FB page, but neither have any testimonials. Has anybody had any experience with them or hunted with them?

I see they advertise Marangira which is the neighbouring concession to the south of where I have been since 2006. To be honest I haven't heard of them (but then again that's not saying much).

Why would an outfitter in Mozambique take a french name ?

Looks fishy right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!