MOZAMBIQUE: First Africa Hunt With Neil Duckworth Of Mokore Safaris

I took my first trip with Mokore Safaris in the Save in September 2016, Gary Duckworth was my PH, haven't stopped thinking about Africa since!! I am glad you got in with one of the finest outfit's in Africa. Looks like the Giraffe did a bang up job as usual. Congrats on a great safari. Tell of some more about hunting each animal. Is that a Red Duiker or Common? Definitely more reddish than my common taken in Zim. Did you see any nice Buffalo?

You cant go wrong with Neil, Doug, or Gary, all of them are great PHs. Like the OP said, nothing against high fence hunting, but you can go plains game hunting in Zim or Mozambique with Mokore for pretty reasonable, dodging some dangerous game along the way. I am told Coutada 9 is full of game and I know for a fact the Mokore Ranch in the Save is loaded with plains game and the Big 5, saw everything (except Leopard, saw lots tracks and heard them) on our trip including Cheetah and Wild Dogs.

Last edited:
Beautiful trophies. Congrats.

what a fantastic safari , well done, especially that eland , you must shoulder mount that one!

Congrats for a great hunt and very good trophies.

That eland is outstanding !

Sounds like a fantastic hunt. You got some great animals. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience.

Wow...what an incredible hunt! I would love to hunt Mozambique for sable, suni, hartebeest and reedbuck!

Unbelievable, what a fantastic haul of trophies and an amazing way to spend your first African safari!

Great to see the 350 Rem Mag in use in Africa. I also have one in a Ruger. Great little cartridge!

Cheers
Tim

Congrats! Wonderful trophies!

Congratulations!! The place, the people, the game get in your blood, don't they? Is the Lady going to shoot on the next hunt?

Calawah......................I always wanted to get a nice hog..............but I never did it. They always eluded me...........................Your foto makes me think of my grandaughter's word....................." I hate you"..............................FWB

Actually.............despite my jealosy......great fotos, and a fine report..............................FW Bill

Calawa,
My wife and I hunted with Mokore earlier this year at Sengwa. You just cannot beat Mokore they are a first class outfit. We have another trip already scheduled for the Save in 2019 and want to talk to them at DSC for a Mozambique trip. Thanks for the report it looks like you had one heck of a trip, and took some very nice animals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,