Mozambique Finest Free Range Big Game Hunting With Mashambanzou Safaris

Discussion in 'Hunting Outfitters' started by Mashambanzou Safaris, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Mashambanzou Safaris

Mashambanzou Safaris SPONSOR Since 2019 New Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, DSCI, ZPHGA, SOAZ, AMOS, AGGC
    Hunted:
    All
    Picture13.jpg

Welcome to Mashambanzou Safaris

Mashambanzou Safaris has been in operation since 2005 and become an established name in the safari circles providing access to over 1 000,000 hectares of wild unfenced hunting areas with varied bush types from thick river forests, to Brachystegia and Miombo woodlands, to huge open grasslands and floodplains with well-maintained camps within driving range from the Beira International Airport as well as the Tete International Airport.

Mashambanzou Safaris operates 6 different luxury safari camps each able to accommodate between 2-4 clients at a time. Most camps are within a 2 hour drive of each other.

[​IMG]

Hunting season starts in April but because Mozambique's rainy season is predominantly in January, February and being fairly flat the terrain stays wet for a couple of months so hunting is best from June onwards depending on which concession and which species you are targeting.

South African Airways (SAA) operates a commercial jet service with flights directly to Beira seven days a week. Clients will clear Mozambique customs at Beira International Airport where our offices are located. Clients may need to stay in Beira overnight if they arrive late in the day but generally can travel to camp on the day of arrival. Over the last few years Beira has opened various good quality hotels and accommodation can be arranged with prior notice.

Mozambique Finest Free Range Big Game Hunting With Mashambanzou Safaris by Mashambanzou Safaris posted Nov 7, 2019 at 4:11 PM

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2019
    BobT, BnC 04, cpr0312 and 2 others like this.

2. Mashambanzou Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    All
    Hunting Areas

Clients hunting our areas enjoy top success rates on all main species they intend taking which is a record not many can boast.

[​IMG]

Mozambique is ideal for the client who has hunted everywhere else in Africa and is looking for a unique hunting experience. It is a place that only clients who enjoy the thrill of the hunt will enjoy. At times you may get lucky, but generally you will be required to do a bit of tracking to secure your trophy.

All of our areas are FREE RANGE. No high fence and no animals have been imported into the area. It is as natural and wild as one can expect to find in Africa today.

Mashambanzou operates 6 different camps each able to accommodate between 2-4 clients at a time.

Most camps are within a 2 hour drive of each other. Each site has permanent thatched chalets with bathroom and toilet ensuite, and hot and cold running water 24/7.

All camps have their own generators and all necessities required to make for a comfortable stay.

[​IMG]

ActionBob and Ridgewalker like this.

3. Mashambanzou Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    All
    Hunting

The hunting season in Mozambique is from April through to the end of November.

[​IMG]

We offer you original African hunting adventures in the vast, unspoiled, Mozambique wilderness.

We operate numerous concessions in Sofala, Manica & Tete Provinces that still boasts large populations of both big game and plains game.

These huge areas cover a wonderful range of varying habitat.

As a result, we are able to offer a complete range of species available to Mozambique, ranging from the small and elusive forest duikers to the big four, leopard, lion, buffalo and elephant.

[​IMG]

The trophies will be field prepared in the camp, ready for transportation to the dip & pack agent, who will prepare them for export to your nominated taxidermist from where it is routed to the final destinations you prescribe.

[​IMG]

We use EMIAC LDA, based in Chimoio Mozambique, for all dip and pack of trophies. They are unquestionably the best option with what is a difficult and tricky process, including staying up-to-date with the requirements of the US Fish and Wildlife Service procedures and regulations. EMIAC LDA specializes in this service, to include all export permits and shipping documents. All dip and pack prices are quoted separately.

[​IMG]

4. Mashambanzou Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    All
    Hunting With Mashambanzou Safaris

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mashambanzou Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    All
    Accommodation

Mashambanzou operates 6 different camps each able to accommodate between 2-4 clients at a time.

[​IMG]

Most camps are within a 2 hour drive of each other. Each site has permanent thatched chalets with bathroom and toilet ensuite, and hot and cold running water 24/7.

All camps have their own generators and all necessities required to make for a comfortable stay.

[​IMG]

We supply great home cooked meals. Mostly venison of animals taken on the safari. If you have any allergies please advise us 3 months in advance to allow us to cater to you specific needs.

We provide local beers, South African wines and soft drinks in camp.

Please note that if you want any special spirits in camp you will be required to bring it in with you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
    Welcome to AH Grant.

Wheels likes this.

7. Red Leg

Red Leg AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
    Hunted:
    Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
    Allow me a moment for a quick testimonial. I have had the good fortune to hunt with Grant Taylor's terrific outfit twice. One of those hunts is described in the African Hunting Gazette article below along with the two reports written for our forum. For those of you have not yet hunted a true wilderness area, I can not recommend more highly Mozambique as a destination or Grant Taylor and Mashambanzou as the outfitter to make it happen.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/mozambique-buffalo-hunt.42271/
    https://www.africahunting.com/threa...o-mozambique-with-mashambanzou-safaris.40618/
    https://www.africahunting.com/threads/coutada-14-zambezi-delta-mozambique.16773/

ActionBob, Ridgewalker and Wheels like this.

8. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe
    Looks like an amazing place to hunt and enjoy! Welcome to AH!

9. WAB

WAB AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
    We hunted Mahimba before Grant had it. It was an adventure getting there and we had a very good hunt. The poaching was pretty rampant at the time but plains game numbers were still very good. One highlight were the fresh prawns right from the river (it’s in the tidal zone).

10. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Welcome

11. Mort Hill

Mort Hill GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Life Member SCI, Director-Music City SCI Chapter, NWTF, NRA
    Hunted:
    SA, Zambia, Tanzania
    Sounds awesome. I need to check this out.

12. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Hey guys! Thanks for all the warm welcomes! As most of you know, I've been helping out Grant and Mashambanzou Safaris for the last seven years at DSC, occasionally at SCI and for the last two years at HSC. On my last trip to Mozambique in June, Grant meet me at the Tete camp to officially ask me to represent Mashambanzou Safaris here in the states and specifically, on AH. It is an honor and of course I accepted. I have hunted with Mashambanzou Safaris twice, in 2012 and 2019. This last trip I made it a point to visit camps that I had not been to yet. Thanks to the cyclone, I could not make it to Mahimba. All camps, I've either hunted out of them or at least visited. If anyone has any interest in hunting some of the best free range areas in Africa, please feel free to contact me either thru a PM here on AH, a personal email or give me a call.

Grant and I have become close friends over the years and I thank him for his trust in me to manage inquiries from AH members. Stay tuned, I'm working on a possible AH members special hunt for 2020 or 2021!

ActionBob, BobT and Ridgewalker like this.

13. Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
    Sounds like a grand experience! Prawns! Mmmmm...!