MOZAMBIQUE: Buffalo Hunting With Craig Boddington In Mozambique

That was a great hunt, congrats !

What a wonderful experience and successful hunt. Look forward to seeing the video!

Congrats on your hunt! Impressive trophies

I've corresponded a few times with Boddington, and he does seem to be the real deal. Yeah, I'm definitely sitting at my desk being all jelly of your experience over there. Well done, and congrats on some fine animals.

Amazing experience you had and another to come it seems. Mr. Boddington's writings have filled a hole for me since Capstick left us and he has provided a lot of good advice. I'd love a chance to have a Lynchburg's finest while sharing a campfire with the both of you.

What a great story and memorable hunt! I hope I get to meet Craig someday. I very much enjoy his books and articles.

Great hunt, great story. Thanks for sharing.

Must not be any laws against hunting the same day your airborn in that country sounds like an awesome exsperiance

I'm sure it was a great hunting experience! I've heard the nyala there are HUGE!

Hey BigBore, nice write-up on your hunt. You took some very nice animals, congrats. Walker and I enjoyed sharing camp with you and your crew.

Love that Nyala.
Glad you had such a great experience.
That helicopter would be a great tool for spotting and travel!
Congratulations.

Thank you for as nice report, was your sabatti the standard deluxe version or the EDL? I took my buff with their 450NE. The pics from the heli give great perspective. NICE TROPHIES!

Congratulations to you, Craig, Ivan, and the whole crew A great hunt, difficult to better that, until your next one with CB. Gee, I'm trying VERY hard to organise a visit to Dallas in January...... wish me luck!

The new Hornady catalog showed up in the mail box today. There's a picture of Mr. Boddington with his 100th buffalo and I presume your rifle.

Hornady Catalogue 2018
Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 1.18.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 1.18.32 PM.png

Had to share it after I found it on the web.
Pretty rifle.

Had to share it after I found it on the web.
Pretty rifle.

Thanks,

Hornady had given me the ammo for the trip and I though they would do some thing with that picture, but this is the first time I have seen it use any where.

Great opportunity! Craig Boddington is one person I would like to share a camp with. And wow, 100 buffalo -- at $10,000 each that's about a million dollars in hunting fees!

What is the name of the guy kneeling by the buffalo? He looks like the host of the show "Wild Skies".

Great opportunity! Craig Boddington is one person I would like to share a camp with. And wow, 100 buffalo -- at $10,000 each that's about a million dollars in hunting fees!

What is the name of the guy kneeling by the buffalo? He looks like the host of the show "Wild Skies".
It is. That is Tony Makris. Tony has put together a great business plan of which I am bitterly envious (we have been friends for quite a while). His very successful day job is as a publicist and lobbying consultant, primarily for the NRA. He spends around eight weeks a year in the field with at least four of those in Africa. He doesn't need to make any money from the show, and it essentially breaks even, paying for all that time abroad. Great concept. He is a first class fellow, and has done a lot for veterans over the last decade. He has a passion for old English rifles and guns which is probably worse than mine. He is also responsible for getting me caught up in "Paradox" guns from the turn of the century. Blaser has been a loyal sponsor of his, and he, a loyal user. The R8 he is holding is a custom built rifle which they did for him. (I think I am rather bitter about that as well!) :(

I really don't know Craig, have only met him a few times, but his business plan has not been quite so successful.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg