MOZAMBIQUE: BOWHUNT: Juan Pace Of Shangwari Safaris Trophy Quest Africa & Leopards Lair Not To Be

The facts speak for themselves, no one is willing to work with you anymore, you poached Hippo that weren't on licence in Mozambique, fled the country through a different border post after not declaring weapons and owe more money than you could possibly pay back. Your flagrant reaction on here is proof that you sir are backed into a corner, that what you have been up to has finally caught up with you. I just sincerely hope that no one else makes the same mistake that myself and the other Outfitters did.

This is all I have to say on this matter, I suggest you answer my lawyers calls and emails as I will no longer correspond with you via this medium or any other.

Engee Potgieter

As for all the isseus with regards to the hunts Juan have booked with me the issues have been sorted and we have come to an understanding.I am doing the hunts for the clients and not to satisfy anybody else or to keep anybody happy but the clients.

Thank you Gideon for the clarification. I appologize for the misunderstanding.

Yet there are very real issues regarding this man and I strongly urge whomever wants to do business with Juan Pace to contact the other names I have listed for proof of what has been stated.

Thank you,

Engee Potgieter

Thank you Gideon.
Then Mr Potgieter, dont stumble on such misunderstandings,again make sure of your facts!

Thank you Gideon.
Then Mr Potgieter, dont stumble on such misunderstandings,again make sure of your facts!

Yet there are very real issues regarding this man and I strongly urge whomever wants to do business with Juan Pace to contact the other names I have listed for proof of what has been stated.

Engee,

Then on Chris Troskies questions the following.
Again now deposits are lost,the 2 hunts are still going on.Mr Potgieter have not moved any hunts of any clients,how does he knows what are going on in my buisiness!Regarding the commision,it was already answered.
regards
juan

As stated before - I am not buddies with any of the parties involved... However, I am interested in finding an answer to my question posted earlier namely:

What I'm interested to know is this:

Mr Pace owes you some ZAR80K in commission and my assumption is that the 8 clts you had booked for him had already paid their deposits. Now if Pace owes you the commission I have to assume that the deposits were paid directly to him and not to you...You also say that you managed to save the clients' hunts by moving their hunts to other Outfitters.

My question is: "What happened to the clients' deposits?" Are these still with Pace? And does this mean you paid the clients' deposits to the replacement Outfitters out of your own pocket?

My reason for asking is not to stir anything. But it seems at this point we only have one answer to my question and that is the one of Mr. Pace in which he claims the hunts are going on as planned... Engee; what is your response to this?

As said - I am not "stirring the pot"... I am merely asking these questions as an interested individual seeking the truth... even though I know that the truth seldom is exposed in internet trials...

Regards,

Hi Chris,

The hunts are going on as planned, yet the hunters will be guided through other outfitters, contact Albert Smith directly for a more detailed report of the when and where, Juan Pace has been cut out of the loop as no Mozambique operator wants to work with him. Another simple example is that the Argo (swamp vehicle) that Juan Pace bought to use on "his" consessions is now being held "ransom" by the true consession owner, Albert Smith, until Pace pays his considerable debt with said outfitter and sorts out the mess with the Mozambiquen goverment regarding the animals that were poached and the weapons that were smuggled into the country.

All the best,

Engee Potgieter

Sheeeesh..this has all the ingredients for serial 'soap' on TV..!

My mind ponders...was the impala shot without permission? Was this the 4 impala that was boasted about on this forum? If they were 'poached' on my propperty I would have been pissed as well.

My mind ponders...was the impala shot without permission? Was this the 4 impala that was boasted about on this forum? If they were 'poached' on my propperty I would have been pissed as well.

Poached? Mind what you say Mr. De Klerk, I don't like the tone of your post. To clarify, four Impala rams were hunted whilst Juan Pace was ON the property, in the same few days we were in the SAME camp. Three non trophy and one trophy, which were paid for and the meat of which Juan Pace tried to steal and sell when my hunting partner and I were in the field. As for the misterious phantom kudu that he claims I wounded, I would love to see him come out with ANY form of proof, where is this misteriously wounded bull? But alas, yet one more of the bullshit lines Juan Pace sells with glee, and which it seems uninformed and impressionable people like yourself devour with gusto. I say again, I'm certainly not the only, nor will I probably be the last to be cheated and stolen from by now infamous Juan Pace.

Check your facts before running your mouth or letting your mind wander Mr. De Klerk.

Regards,

Engee Potgieter

What a spider web we are seeing wove...

One with facts the other with allegations....and combination of the two...

That is why i like to see facts when posters make allegations or assumptions...

I have learned that some times the one in the wrong will cast a black shadow over others to that the light is of themselves...

We run across these individuals all the time trying to make other look bad so that they look like shining stars...

We need to let the facts speak for them selves....and when the dust settles then we will know the real truth...

the smoke that they are putting out there is a smoke screen...

All I am saying is where there is smoke there is fire....

I have learned that some times the one in the wrong will cast a black shadow over others to that the light is of themselves...

We run across these individuals all the time trying to make other look bad so that they look like shining stars...

We need to let the facts speak for them selves....and when the dust settles then we will know the real truth...

the smoke that they are putting out there is a smoke screen...

Wow, this truly doesn't even warrant a response.

Ingozi, bearing in mind your professional status as "pro staff" and "editor of AO magazine" take heed of Chris Trotskie's words. Your response to various questions both prior to you "outing" Juan Pace and subsequent thereto has been beligerent,aggressive and accusatorial. Maybe your emotions are running high and you need to step back, take a deep breath and consider a more conciliatory tone before challenging someone who is asking a valid question (not an accusation) on a VERY PUBLIC forum. Your comment to De Klerk (Check your facts before running your mouth or letting your mind wander Mr. De Klerk.) does not do justice to the publication you write for. A polite, factual, rebuttal is what was called for.
JCHB

Personal insults?

"And your interest in this is...? What astounds me is that people just like yourself see fit to preach to me in regards to taking offence whan called a liar and a poacher when I have stated ALL the facts and given ALL the relavent details, numbers and email addresses. I take hits for calling out a blatant thief and in the process damage my own image, only to have people like yourself question my motives, and dare say that I shouldn't be offended? I LOST over R110,000 thanks to this man and have spent another R14,800 in assuring they get the clients I had booked get the hunts they booked. Yes I am pissed off, but doing the right thing has never been easy has it. What i wont do is keep my mouth shut if someone calls me something I am certainly not, regardless of who you think you are or what you think gives you the right to preach to me. Who I am and who i work with has absolutely NOTHING to do with this and certainly is none of your damned business.

If you dont have something constructive to add, then shut the hell up, why people like yourself always feel the need to lay an egg is besides me. But then again, taking on a public figuire from behind the comfort of computer screen has always been the easiest option for lesser men.

You don't know me, don't pretend that you do or that I give a rats arse what you think of me. You could have easily stated what you wanted to me in a PM, but no, it's easier to join the mob. I stand by what I have said.
Engee Potgieter
Email: engeepotgieter@yahoo.com
Winners Choice Pro Staff - Muzzy Pro Staff - Tightspot Pro Staff - HECS Pro Staff
Executive Bowhunting Editor African Outfitter Magazine

Ingozi, my post was neither rude, offensive or attacked your character in any way. Actually it was more of a hint to improve your by now poor image on a PUBLIC forum. My interest in the matter? Well firstly I have as much right as you do to read, contribute and comment on AfricaHunting.com (is that not so Jerome?). Secondly as an active hunter I have considered some of your PUBLICALLY offered DG hunts but (fortunately) chose to go with another outfitter.
Furthermore as a published writer, pro staffer and a contributor to this PUBLIC forum, you ought to exercise greater restraint when levelling personal insults against those who, far from accusing you, are merely asking questions or commenting on a topic YOU placed on a PUBLIC forum (ie: Trotskie or myself). Nobody is part of a "mob" and only an individual with a sensitive ego would believe that they are being "persecuted". What is wrong with a request that you be more civil and measured in your responses?. Read the message you sent me then have a look in the mirror, Mr Potgieter and ask yourself who really is the lesser man?
JCHB

career development

I never would have thought so and I am really not that kind of a person, But:

Ya know, watching this fellow commit professional suicide has actually become quite entertaining

"Sometimes I just walk through life amazed and entertained, other times I take the bus" Me

Engee

I have no bone in this development, however i have watched from the sidelines and was hoping you would provide some evidence to support your position.

In your business you have to double check references (or you should) to make sure that your story's are to the point and correct. Did you do the same here...You are using your business as backup for this post...i hate to say it but, your post will make members double think about purchasing your product or renewing there subscription...

i know that i have dropped memberships and canceled magazine subscriptions on stands and/or articles that were supported by there staff writers. After i wrote a letter to the editor to explain that what they were publishing did not support my beliefs and my contributions...I left never to return...

I do believe Second Wind, Chris T and JCHB are being very on the point with there posts as are other when they ask you to be on target with your facts and to answer some questions.

sometimes in the heat of the day (or battle)...one needs to write your message and sit on it for a day or two and then when calmer minds are available re-read your message or letter and sometimes you will need to re word it...before sending or posting on a public forum...you should be aware that these posting could be used in legal proceedings.

Shooting one self in the foot is not the way to win a foot race...or gain new customers from AH.

Making unsubstantiated comment and failing to answer some very well thought questions to try and get to the bottom of things...is what clarity is about...

Waterbuck

Engee I have heard about a wounded waterbuck somewhere,any detail??

Engee,does philipmoolman`s question also not warrant a response?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg