Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa
Hello,
Has anyone used Mozambique airways? My safari in July had the SA Airlink flight canceled and was wondering if they would be ok for firearms. Their website says they transport them but curious. Thank you

I used them a few years back and had no issues. Sadly, I am not sure if that is of any help currently.

Not much real time current help here either but if their website says OK, then no worries. I would think that if you can get your firearm(s) on the plane you are good to go. When you get to the destination airport, if in Mozambique, be prepared for odd, but normal for them, inspection and VISA procedures. Then upon departure from Mozambique be prepared for some odd, but normal for them procedures. Again, if you are heading to Mozambique, Portuguese grammar is definitely different, so be prepared to ask for some help in filling out the entry VISA and whatever forms at the destination airport in Mozambique. Be patient, smile and show courtesy- actually goes a long way in all African countries- as does a few handy $10 bills. If the entry VISA fee posted outside the VISA/port of entry office at the airport states, "$75" have maybe $85 or $90 ready... just in case. Overall, really no problem with Mozambique nor the people-- smile, be courteous and patient. I like Mozambique :)

I lived in Moz for a couple of years. Do not try to find logic in any of the procedures or inspections. Just relax and operate on manyana time (tommorrow time). I flew on Moz airways a couple of times. Pretty normal standard experience. Better than Kenya airways in my experience.

We flew with them from Maputo to Quillimane 2 years ago, Normal standard, and no problems with firearms, we had to send the ammobox as a luggage no 2, everything went smooth at arrival Quillimane.

It is always stressful when Western Time meets African Time

TIA is not just a saying

It is a way of life

Hello,
Has anyone used Mozambique airways? My safari in July had the SA Airlink flight canceled and was wondering if they would be ok for firearms. Their website says they transport them but curious. Thank you
I assume you are not using a firearms/hunting experienced travel agent?

Whenever I have hunted Mozambique, my port of entry was Beira, and my outfitter has always had his expeditor on hand to help deal with airport customs. I have never had an issue. However, it is a far more Mediterranean (leavened with a bit of a Marxist hangover) experience than the rest of Africa that we typically hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross