MOZAMBIQUE: Africa Safari Adventures Juan Pace Mozambique Zimbabwe & South Africa

Ouch........not good to read this.:Nailbiting: I have a sable hunt in hand he donated to our chapter last year.

@PHOENIX PHIL , I will speak to Tharia this morning and direct her to Juan Pace.

Ouch........not good to read this.:Nailbiting: I have a sable hunt in hand he donated to our chapter last year.
:E Shocked:
I have no idea how this guy can manage to still be operating.

:S Wanted: :S Rant::S Censored:

@BRICKBURN , that was a sure entertianing read for my morning coffee.

Sjoe!! It seems as if we opened a 44Ga drum of worms with the post in 2013 regarding the Moz hunt and Juan Pace. I just cannot understand that he can still operate. Please see post I made a month or so ago re his Advertising in African Outfitter, I am reading all these posts on this "skelm" I would UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES hunt anything with this outfitter even if he donates an elephant. So as all of us tell you Mr Landy -- do not hunt with this guy. Brickburn, is there no other way, we as ethical hunters put a lid on this guy, PHASA is really not up to it. I cannot believe he is a fully paid up and PHASA supported member............
Glad I dont have to deal with PHASA as my hunting association

Cheers

Keep us posted on what happens for you. Like others, I would consider it sunk cost if you had to pay anything for the hunt and just walk away.

I am disappointed in DSC and SCI. They really don't do anything to screen the donations at their auctions. Their disclosures leave it up to the bidder to do their own homework. Yes, we should, but many new members assume that the club has done the due diligence.

Has anyone from PHASA provided an indication of what they plan to do about this operator?

@PHOENIX PHIL , I will speak to Tharia this morning and direct her to Juan Pace.

Good. I tried to find her a couple of times at SCI, but missed her. Please keep us informed to any actions PHASA takes.

.....if people have evidence they must send PHASA an affidavit stating the facts and ask them to investigate. PHASA cannot act on hearsay or rumors on social media and blogs.

................Brickburn, is there no other way, we as ethical hunters put a lid on this guy, ...............

Shangwari was banned from AH.

Sadly, anyone can changes company names, alias's and get into business with other new outfits and continue to attend shows and evidently donate hunts to SCI chapters, advertises in African hunting magazines. e.g..
"Visited and Verified" program
Company Name: JP Big Game Safaris

juan pace jp big game.jpg

Hunters have to beware and research.

Last edited:
.....if people have evidence they must send PHASA an affidavit stating the facts and ask them to investigate. PHASA cannot act on hearsay or rumors on social media and blogs.

Spot on Simon !!
If anyone has first hand information , correspondence etc that can prove something . I will deliver it personally to Tharia .
Without it PHASA can't expel him and under SA law he can still operate as a non PHASA member.
Hunting regards
Dave

Dave, what type of conviction is required to get the Outfitters and PH license revoked by MET/Nature Conservation in SA?

Who does the client need to complain to?
Contact details?

Here is what I found on PHASA website under the DISCIPLINARY CODE link (http://www.phasa.co.za/about-phasa/disciplinary-code.html) from the ABOUT main link drop down to file a complaint.

PHASA Disciplinary Code

Every member of the Association shall be bound by the Constitution and the By-laws of the Association.

No member of the Association shall by act or omission, contravene any provisions of the Constitution or the By-laws of the Association or do anything which is calculated or likely to discredit the Association or bring it into disrepute.

No member of the Association shall state, advertise or in any way suggest that such member belongs to any different category of membership of the Association, except the one which has been bestowed on such member.

No member shall breach and/or contravene any provision of The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa Act 108 of 1996, a National Act or Provincial Act of the Republic of South Africa or any Regulations promulgated there under, or any Provincial Ordinance, where such breach and/or contravention is relevant to any of the objects of the Association, as stated above.

No member shall provide any service whatsoever, whether directly or indirectly, whether for reward or not, to any person desiring or requesting the services of a professional hunter or hunting outfitter whom the Exco shall have declared to be undeserving of the assistance of a member of the Association. The Exco shall, whenever any person has been declared by it to be undeserving of the services of a member, advise every member of the Association forthwith of such declaration.

Any member whose membership is suspended or terminated due to disciplinary action shall immediately upon such suspension or termination deliver and surrender to the Association all badges, notices, publications and other insignia indicative to the public of his membership of the Association. Such member shall also forfeit to the Association all monies paid by him to the Association.\

Contact the PHASA Office to obtain the procedure in lodging complaints: info@phasa.co.za

I just PM'd the OP to ask of they have contacted MET, PHASA etc. and if they have had a response.

Dave, what type of conviction is required to get the Outfitters and PH license revoked by MET/Nature Conservation in SA?

Who does the client need to complain to?
Contact details?

I can find out. Each province is different .vwecare trying to get all PHs an outfitters on one data base to stop them province hopping as I'm sure is the case here.

I would need to know when the hunt took place what province ,etc

I can find out. Each province is different .vwecare trying to get all PHs an outfitters on one data base to stop them province hopping as I'm sure is the case here.

I would need to know when the hunt took place what province ,etc

I've suggested the OP contact you and resubmit the complaint to PHASA under the new administration and see if something can be done.

Anyone willing to swear a statement of facts about this guy needs to contact PHASA.
Hoping the NEW ADMINISTRATION can get on this and get the job done.

Any help is welcome.

Last edited:
Juan Pace offers deals weekly on the SCI Canada Facebook page. Even before reading this page, his posts looked less than credible/trustworthy.

Juan Pace offers deals weekly on the SCI Canada Facebook page. Even before reading this page, his posts looked less than credible/trustworthy.

He just moves from one place to the next after he wears out his welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg