Moving with mounts

7MAG

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hey guys, I am moving in November and am in the middle of packing right now. I don't have a lot of stuff and will be moving everything via uhaul. However, how do I transport my mounts safely? I am literally only bringing clothes and a dresser in the uhaul since I flew down and purchased all my furniture there. My car is going to be full so the mounts must be in the trailer...any ideas???

Others will chime in but my suggestion is to get some plywood and deck screws and attach the mounts to the plywood.

Depending on how many mounts you have it may take up the whole trailer

Here is a thread on moving with your mounts.

1664807394721.png
1664807426992.png

All good advice above - screw to plywood and set on top of other stuff. If worried about bouncing around you can build a crate and screw down within crate.

I found a Uhaul truck- maybe a 17', that had wood slats on the walls. I screwed my plywood into the slats for the standing stuff and had my bigger mounts on the floor pointing up. If I remember correctly the inside walls were 7' tall, therefore I had to cut 8' sheets by 14" or so. I saved them. I'll have to do it all again in the next 9-12 months when I retire. Unfortunately added another 8 mounts since my last move :cry:

Other than what has been posted I would suggest if you think 3 screws will hold a mount use 6 and use screws a little longer than May be necessary. The only significant move I’ve made was maybe 1/2 doz deer and a few fish but I had about 50 or 60 waterfowl mounts in a U-Haul trailer. Good luck.

44883581-4384-4564-8DBF-5AEEB2D4ACA1.jpeg
02E63BE2-51AC-4FE3-89DE-FCF8AD7AA04C.jpeg
5A981DE7-3E9B-4304-9E7E-456BCC9D6876.jpeg

just moved 1700 miles and not a thing was damaged, use plenty of screws, they are cheap

I moved an entire lodge of animals(120 life size and shoulder mounts) using Trophy Transport.

I highly recommend them for bigger jobs. Extremely professional and all mounts arrived with zero damage.

HH

as i re-plan on semi-retirement (2 yrs after the kung flu,) my move is just hours away, so I've been taking 1-2 mounts to that property everytime i drive up. I think this may be the easiest for those that are moving to their personal wilderness paradise via driving in the future. If only elk came w/ a sheet of plywood or treated 6x6 wedged in their antlers-it'd pay for the licenses!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!