Moving Trophy Room Advice from our Taxidermists

Good Luck Cody!
Sure gonna miss you stopping by to talk about guns and hunting.
I’ve enjoyed our conversations my friend, keep in touch and enjoy your trip brother.

Unfortunately just changing Airports Art! This job should be my last one though!
Don’t rush it! Once you retire you have less time to get things done, because you’re older and get tired quicker! LOL!!!

Here's how I moved approximately 60 mounts several years ago. I'll do it again in less than two years with 75+ mounts now :E Excited: They are all attached with 3" drywall screws from the back into the wood, then the mount.

1652027221427.jpeg
1652027217894.png

Cody, as everyone has said, good luck on the move to Alder. Give me a PM sometime after you settle in, I live just over the hill in Ennis and work one day a week in Sheridan at the hospital. We’ll have to meet up and talk hunting. Best of luck on the move

We made it up to Montana at 1am this morning opened the trailer up this morning and
Everything made the ride unscathed! I may have took @BRICKBURN advice of more screws advice to the next level but all went well. Only problem is @tarbe and I are to old and fat to get in and under things to get the screws out!
40473025-6C65-42DB-8255-29F7885FA99C.jpeg
368FCD9E-21C5-4888-9318-C6B26F41122D.jpeg

Cheers,
Cody

Cody, I set the plywood mounted trophies on saw horses. I then used a battery powered Milwaukee to remove the screws. One guy removing screws and one guy topside to balance the mounts.

We made it up to Montana at 1am this morning opened the trailer up this morning and
Everything made the ride unscathed! I may have took @BRICKBURN advice of more screws advice to the next level but all went well. Only problem is @tarbe and I are to old and fat to get in and under things to get the screws out!
View attachment 465883View attachment 465884
Cheers,
Cody
Whew what a relief! Congratulations to both of you on making that trip! Although I'm disappointed to hear my Goodyear Stock isn't paying off this time;)

I'm sure that after a little sleep you guys will figure out the screwing, or unscrewing:)

Hey congrats on your homecoming Cody! That must be a great feeling. We’re now neighbours…just 620 miles away! Lol.

Welcome back ! Greetings from Belgrade area!

Congrats on the successful move!

Congratz on your move, it is a relief to be there and everything made it. Now the hard part of where does everything go starts. Montana is a beautiful place, winters will be a bit rougher than Texas but just remember to layer up. See ya at DSC.

Glad you made it without incident.
Looks like there is plenty of Elk bait in your new neighbourhood.
Good luck in your new home.

@Bullthrower338
Cody...We had so much fun!! We are so happy we were able to visit with you and road trip with you and help with your exciting new chapter in life!! I had an amazing time with you and your mom and us all getting to celebrate mine and your birthdays together was very special!!
Bob and I cannot wait to come see you (and your mom) again! I'll need to oversee how many windows my room has! :E In Love:

Well, I’m in my second full week of work here in Montana and believe I made the right choice of location over money. The commute to work is still the same 45 minutes but it is almost relaxing instead of the murderous rage Houston puts you in! I guess Houston traffic kind of helped me in my job position there because by the time I got to work I was already pissed at the world and ready to fight with my own shadow, perfect for a contractor! My new commute.......
783A21C1-FBD8-47CA-9259-589D269727D7.jpeg

643D5DF9-B57B-488C-A11E-39C89306BA33.jpeg

7C0FAC1E-5BE7-42CD-B408-F1D932464F3D.jpeg

Big sky country!

We'll see how you feel in January :ROFLMAO: but agreed almost anything other than India is better than driving in Houston.

We'll see how you feel in January :ROFLMAO: but agreed almost anything other than India is better than driving in Houston.
I’m from here, I handle January in Montana much better than my fat ass handles June-September in Houston. You can always put more cloths on, they arrest you when you take to many off. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you