Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with moving their trophy collection from one home to another . Fellow member Royal27 gave me the idea to start this thread as I'm planning on moving from New York to Georgia in the near future. Having a fairly large collection I'm quite concerned about how to move them without damaging them. Has anyone done this? Any advice is appreciated.

Enclosed-Cargo-Trailer-Insurance.jpg

This baby with 3/4 plywood on the inside.
Get one of the packers from Africa to come over for a day and screw them all down and then head out.

The Artistry of Wildlife method:
002-3.jpg

Havn't done it, but you may need to look into renting, borrowing a fairly large enclosed trailer. I would look at getting lots of pieces of thick plywood to be able to screw your mounts into, and then try the best you can to brace them and strap them in like the pics above. Wish you all the best in your move!

Last edited:
Johnny,
I moved mine just like reedy mentioned plus having them in the cab of the pickup with me. I came through the border patrol CP at Sierra Blanca on my way to Houson. I had my kudu on the passenger seat. He asked if everyone was a US citizen without really looking. I told him I was but my buddy is South African l, he got a good laugh anyway. But back on task, check out trophy transport. My taxi in New Mexico swears by them and it is wall to wall service.
Cheers,
Cody

Johnny,
I moved mine just like reedy mentioned plus having them in the cab of the pickup with me. I came through the border patrol CP at Sierra Blanca on my way to Houson. I had my kudu on the passenger seat. He asked if everyone was a US citizen without really looking. I told him I was but my buddy is South African l, he got a good laugh anyway. But back on task, check out trophy transport. My taxi in New Mexico swears by them and it is wall to wall service.
Cheers,
Cody
Great advise. I will check them out.

Johnny,
Cheers,
Cody
I just checked out their website. Freakin awesome!

I just checked out their website. Freakin awesome!
Yeah, that's the way to go, as much money as we spend on the hunts and taxidermy! You know, ya don't go to a proctologist to get a tooth pulled or vise versa! lol, moving trophy rooms is all these guys do.

Ya for sure. I requested a quote. Curious to see how much I

Me too! I know when I leave Houston and move back home to Montana I'm not going to attempt a self move. If you would like to talk to my taxi for reference PM me and I'll give you his number.

Thanks but I'm pretty certain they are going to do a great job. Definitely better than attempting it myself. Ill pm you with the quote I get.

Can't wait to hear the quote. I'm going to have to go through this someday too. If nothing else this has shown me what to do. I guess you could rent a truck or trailer and mount your own boards? Would have to look at truck to see....

I'd bet that the more you have the more sense it would make to use them? For 15 heads it might not make sense, but for 45 and some really big stuff? Probably does.

I mean without a doubt it makes sense to use them. I could never be comfortable moving my stuff. I just hope the price is reasonable. I agree 15-20 maybe. But not a large collection with life size mounts and several pedestals. Very easy to damage

Great idea by the way suggesting me to start this thread. I think this is info many members can use.

Thanks!

I'm a little OCD and although I have no moving plans right now we won't be in this place forever and I've had this on my mind lately since I just got the taxidermy and have more coming. Then you mentioned the move again and it just clicked.

I'm surprised this topic hasn't come up before. I guess a lot of folks are already in that final house before they get a ton of taxidermy? At any rate, it's a great topic and I agree should definitely be of interest to some.

Most of the larger taxidermies have the ability to move you if you want multiple quotes.

Can't wait to hear the quote. I'm going to have to go through this someday too. If nothing else this has shown me what to do. I guess you could rent a truck or trailer and mount your own boards? Would have to look at truck to see....

I'd bet that the more you have the more sense it would make to use them? For 15 heads it might not make sense, but for 45 and some really big stuff? Probably does.

It appears johnnyblues is coming down to our part of the world where he will be a little more appreciated! He may take awhile to get use to the heat, but more appreciated as a hunter never the less.

Good luck with your move. I do not envy you though, moving is a huge job, even without trophies to consider! Let us all know how it turns out when completed!

Good luck with your move. I do not envy you though, moving is a huge job, even without trophies to consider! Let us all know how it turns out when completed!
Thanks....Our "plan " is to move next year. We're actively seeking a home and have traveled several times to Georgia to look at homes we were interested in. "Still looking " for the right place. And yes moving is a horror.....

I moved from New Mexico to Minnesota 3 yrs ago. I moved a small taxidermy collection and that was not fun. Long distance moves are never fun even without taxidermy. Wish you the best of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,