Movies Film

Maybe its a better movie than the trailer seems to show, that happens. Rush is a fine actor, but for me at least I have zero knowledge of the subject matter.
Years ago I remember seeing a trailer to 'The Year of Living Dangerously' and thought, geez, that looks awful!
Turned into one of my favorite movies. Ya just never know.

Maybe its a better movie than the trailer seems to show, that happens. Rush is a fine actor, but for me at least I have zero knowledge of the subject matter.
Years ago I remember seeing a trailer to 'The Year of Living Dangerously' and thought, geez, that looks awful!
Turned into one of my favorite movies. Ya just never know.
I really love film & they don't make em like they used to. However, I find this one intriguing from an artistic pov. It's not comical, but I can't help but laugh at the eccentricity of the artist.

Following 4 Hours of Cleopatra: Taylor
James Dean in "Giant" & that Blue Hair, good grief TCM

1660522486085.png

I seen it in the theatre when it was first released, and a few times since. I thot Henry Fonda's cranky old tough as nails bastard was perfect. I liked One Flew Over the Cuckoo's as well, but i think Some Times a Great Notion adapted better as a movie.
Has anyone seen this?

Has anyone seen this?
I watched it many times with my oldest brother. He was a timber faller here in Oregon and naturally loved anything to do with logging. The arm tied onto the boat flipping the bird is still one of my favorite scenes from any movie.

A very good and interesting Maclean movie . Also a good selection of actors there.

I seen it in the theatre when it was first released, and a few times since. I thot Henry Fonda's cranky old tough as nails bastard was perfect. I liked One Flew Over the Cuckoo's as well, but i think Some Times a Great Notion adapted better as a movie.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest .. Another classic, Ken Kesey based novel.
.. To see Sometimes a Great Notion in the Theater would've been even better.

Thanks to the above .. Idk of one individual who's ever even seen this movie. It's always been a great inspiration to me, to keep going & stand your ground.

Yes, the opening scene of the boy's chasing the union rep down the dock and Henry Fonda yelling to release the hounds was classic. Then tossing dynamite at the poor guy as he tried to get away in the skiff. Kesey may have been a hippie, but he could write.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest .. Another classic, Ken Kesey based novel.
.. To see Sometimes a Great Notion in the Theater would've been even better.

Thanks to the above .. Idk of one individual who's ever even seen this movie. It's always been a great inspiration to me, to keep going & stand your ground.

Another good one
Agreed! Have a copy- watched several times. Fairly low budget film but good story, good writing and good acting.

Hard for me to predict what I may or may not like. All I know is that the late Glen Campbell couldn’t act, neither can Willie Nelson. :) I also pay little attention to critics.

Just thought of one I haven’t seen in a while- Seven Years In Tibet with Brad Pitt. Not a Brad Pitt fan but I did like the movie. One of my favorites remains Robin Hood with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett.

Last edited:
That’s my favorite Robin Hood version. Just watched “The Windwalker” with my kids, they had never seen it-great older movie, I remember seeing it in the theater with my dad when I was a kid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross